Terry Gilliam: women "knew what they were doing" with Harvey Weinstein

Handy

Reporter2

19 Likes

Fair enough. The statements being made here seem really bold for some rather weak evidence to me, that’s all. I really wish in cases like this they made the raw interview available so i could go peruse through it on my own and come to my own conclusions.

11 Likes

I can’t believe anyone defends this shit. Oh wait, yes I can. Because half the people are dumber than a fucking brick.

19 Likes

Kim Greist on set in Brazil

4 Likes

But, it’s a MOB! Didn’t you see those women literally lynch weinstein? /s

23 Likes

Even if you gave any of these shitheels the benefit of the doubt by suggesting none of the women were forced to have sex with them to advance their careers you’d be ignoring the fact that it’s utter bullshit that anyone should even have to make that choice.

45 Likes

This is a pretty creepy way to announce his retirement.

75 Likes

11th-doc-this

29 Likes

This is such a bullshit excuse, it was parodied by the Zucker Brothers.

8 Likes

Torch

5 Likes

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen is IMHO a completely underrated movie. It featured young Sarah Polley as an awesome female lead.

Doesn’t really excuse anything though…

And of course, Sarah Polley recently referred to Weinstein as a “festering pustule in a diseased industry.”

21 Likes

The point, Terry, is not how the women did or did not respond. The point is what Weinstein was proactively doing with his superior power. Even slightly redirecting the discussion toward the women is purest dickery.
(“But don’t you see, man, Mira Sorvino freely chose to have her career systematically and methodically destroyed by Weinstein…”)

38 Likes

Thread. Won.

13 Likes

How is that dismissing women? The word simplistic suggests he thinks there is more to the problem than #MeToo is digging into. That’s what simplistic means. If he thinks that the whole campaign isn’t going to cause change, because he’s a cynic perhaps, it would make sense for him to think it’s silly. On top of which, he’s disagreeing with the CAMPAIGN, not a women. #MeToo does not represent all women.

I’m 100% not saying a problem doesn’t exist, and I’m not even saying i agree with this guy here. But just because a dude disagrees with the way this is being addressed does not make him a horrible person.

10 Likes

He also called it silly. Pretty dismissive if you ask me. He also called them “girls” which they are not, they are women. Fuck all that noise.

40 Likes

Posted it in needs more likes:

9 Likes

Maybe we’re past the point of pitchforks.

Maybe it’s time to start handing out prison sentences. Or change the culture.

Kind of interesting on how everyone was working hard on set for Greist’s comfort except the director.

7 Likes

I think that “This is a pretty creepy way to announce his retirement.” might become a staple of BB, like, “Disappointed” and “Late Stage Capitalism” and “Christ, what an asshole”.

28 Likes

Women: We don’t want to be sexually harassed and assaulted anymore.
Mansplainers: Stop being so simplistic!

54 Likes

So good work @Melz2 @Mindysan33 etc…
And as far as the the article and where this thread is gonna go…

29 Likes