Tesla autopilot warns of accident about to happen to the cars in front

Is that bad? also lives and insurance costs are pretty much the same damn thing. In the future auto insurance may disappear thanks to these innovations instead it will all be manufacturer’s warranties/liabilities. Then again no one will actually be driving except recreationally (and they won’t be doing it on public roads). Assuming humanity doesn’t fuck itself up in the interim.

3 Likes

I watched it a few times. It wasn’t stopped just going a lot slower than the red car was expecting and brake lights were on because the car in front of it was going slow.
The red car was just plain not paying attention to the traffic in front of it.

4 Likes

Click through to the story a reaaaally small version of it.
https://www.dvhardware.net/article65699.html

After seeing quite a few drivers doing this when driving around western Europe, I now do the same. It doesn’t seem to have caught on in the UK though.

2 Likes

I have also found that by doing a very nimble nudge to the left or right by about 1 foot (once I am at low speed and almost stopped), it can increase your visibility to the people behind you dramatically. At least, when I see this happen in front of me, I believe I have a quicker reaction time. It can also help me see and position myself around the obstruction ahead. This doesn’t work if lanes are very tight, but in a normal lane where there is plenty of latitude, it works well. However, it may not work under black ice (but not much does).

3 Likes

Does it warn you that it’s trying to decide whether you kill you or those idiots standing on the road ahead?

2 Likes

The Russian model will automatically select the appropriate greeting weapon: baseball bat, crowbar, axe, etc.

7 Likes

Or you may have just fooled them into thinking you have no ABS and locked it up for a moment, clever either way though!

2 Likes

Perhaps Nate Silver should be running his election data through Telsa’s DSP filters…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.