Tesla continues to drop prices

Originally published at: Tesla continues to drop prices | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Price cut right before the call. Are they trying to distract from something else?

7 Likes

At a base of $39,900 it’s still several thousand dollars more expensive than a Chevy Bolt, which is a much better made vehicle. (Apart from charging speed.)

Not only has the New Musk smell turned stale, but the competition is eating their lunch. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving human being.

17 Likes

One word: Competition

5 Likes

Not low enough. Then again, nothing would be low enough for me; you couldn’t pay me to drive one at this point.

7 Likes

wake me when an ebay’ed tesla can be ‘rooted’ to linux (“mechanical keyboards off the port bow!”)

6 Likes

Until there’s a significant amount of third party parts, STILL not worth it.

8 Likes

They could try dropping something else…

5 Likes

And also several thousand dollars more expensive than necessary to still be profitable. I think I saw this reported somewhere on BB but can’t be bothered to find the original post, but related reporting:

I’m not sure that “Tesla is ripping off its customers by 7x more than typical as compared to other car makers” is the flex they think it is.

Anyway, this gives them plenty of room to drop prices in a panic while still offsetting costs. Which doesn’t mean it’s a great look from a market perspective, of course.

11 Likes

Coming soon: Buy one, Get one free.

8 Likes

It’s all right, though - they’re also reducing the quality of the cars to match! (And they weren’t that great to begin with…)

6 Likes

I remember that from my childhood! I think it was Yugo who had BYGO for like $10k?

2 Likes

Oh, that’s right, they were “disrupters” who were reinventing car dealerships. Not that car dealerships are known for being particularly ethical, but today I’d trust a used car dealer long before I’d trust Muck. He’s the kind of vindictive asshole who’d order his minions to remotely disable your car because you tweeted a mean thing at him.

5 Likes

Great news - I look forward to not buying one, or several, at the new discounted prices.

4 Likes

IIRC Musk cancelled an order when the customer said something mean about him.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.