Texan fatally shoots man for briefly parking in his driveway

Originally published at: Texan fatally shoots man for briefly parking in his driveway | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Ok, I said that “good guy with very, very bad aim” may be a problem with “good guy with guns” argument, but let’s add “good guy with decent aim” as a corollary.

(Edit: note the dripping irony/sarcasm for who missed it)

8 Likes

so he freely admitted that he chased after the vehicle. That should automatically negate the “stand your ground” defense but it won’t because Texas

73 Likes

Defense: If the perp (my client is the victim here) was so innocent, why did he attempt to flee when my client came racing out of the house brandishing a weapon? As it turns out, the perp also had a funny sounding name, which further justified his use of deadly force. Your Honour, it is an unwritten law here in Texas that you don’t mess with another man’s truck. We rest our case.

25 Likes
7 Likes

This, along with the cases of people being shot through the front door for knocking to ask for directions and that sort of thing, is why I’m never setting foot in Texas ever again, not even passing through on my way to somewhere else. I don’t even think it’s fear or paranoia, I think gun-toting Texans are just sadists who enjoy murder and are looking for any excuse.

43 Likes

People who fantasize about killing people - even people who fantasize about killing people for justifiable reasons - are not “good guys”. The category of “good guy with a gun” is close to non-existent.

48 Likes

Guns are a disease and this country has Stage 4 terminal stupidity. Texas is where it’s metastasized.

What was that about a national divorce, again?

26 Likes

I once asked somebody not to park in my driveway, it ended with no shots fired, boring I know…

54 Likes

easy, comrade, let’s no go down that trail one more time.
besides, we have to stay together for the children!

11 Likes

Two week delay in the arrest, after shooting someone. Used the honor system, to turn himself in, spent two hours processing paperwork, then is released. I’ve certainly spent longer dealing with the DMV. Since they’re not arresting people for crimes of this caliber, maybe the police in the area should be disbanded?

45 Likes

Makes me wonder what this gentleman must feel like when people have the nerve to park at the sidewalk in front of their house. They seem like the kind of person that would yell at someone for that (at minimum).

7 Likes

ReSpOnSiBlE gUn OwNeRs

13 Likes

I agree. It’s one of those situations where the people who think they’re the aggrieved ones will be shocked to find that a) they’re the areas most dependent on the Fed, b) their celebration of belligerence and short-sightedness will suddenly seem pointless with no one to blame but themselves and c) the rest of us are more than happy to see them go.

The result after a decade or so of bloodshed and deprivation will be secessionists begging to be readmitted to the union while the entrenched “leadership” begins resembling N Korea more and more.

7 Likes

Also, the perp was once ticketed for jaywalking and so has an extensive criminal history. So he deserved it.

14 Likes

Because Texas.

5 Likes

Only in Merrrrricaaaa the charge of proof is reversed. By default the VICTIM is GUILTY??? WTF, seriously man, WTF?

4 Likes

He was threatening if he stayed. He was threatening if he went away.

War Games quote.

32 Likes

And yet that truth has no truthiness to NRA supporters.

5 Likes

I used to live across from the town common. Every year during the July 4th carnival, I’d post signs asking people not to park in or block my driveway. Every year, there was no problem. I never thought about killing any of the passers by either, though I did think frequently about murdering my neighbor’s bagpipes, which is probably not relevant here.

19 Likes