Texas cop on leave after handcuffing man who tried to “argue the facts of the case” while receiving mistaken traffic ticket

Originally published at: Texas cop on leave after handcuffing man who tried to "argue the facts of the case" while receiving mistaken traffic ticket | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Wow, the police chief didn’t use the ol’ standby “the officer was just following his training”?!?

10 Likes

15 Likes

11 Likes

It’s always weird to see Texas City in the news. Much of my family is from there. I lived there from 1972 to 80. It was a corpse of a town, and smelled like one. Mostly it existed to service several refineries. Dad was there for the refinery explosion of 1945, and we were both there for the one in 1980. My brother was the only family left there when one exploded in the 2000s - he was an overachiever and was actually in the refinery that exploded that time.

I was back there last year for my brother’s funeral (surprisingly not from a refinery disaster) and the area seemed a little healthier than it had been. I think Houston has crept a little closer, so there were more people there than I expected. And decades of the EPA existing has greatly improved the smell. I seriously wonder at the ambient lead levels around the place. I expect they are horrifying.

14 Likes

“we train officers to issue traffic tickets in private parking lots” might be too much even by contemporary standards

11 Likes

" 'We are committed to being transparent with our community ’ whenever our illegal bullying is caught on video AND the victim has the power to hire a good attorney"

Fixed it for him

13 Likes

The investigation will be an Internal Affairs investigation that could lead to possible criminal charges.

Heh. “Possible criminal charges.” Funny guy.

9 Likes

10 points for referencing the Van Damme 90s film Timecop, but -3 points for confusing the title with Future Cop.

6 Likes

Hehehe, agreed, but “driving while black” is a thing that exists, and that makes no sense by any standards. ¯_(ツ)-/¯

3 Likes

Just don’t take the officers “Peace Officer” license.
ACAB, FTP. Guy would have had a gun in his face if he wasn’t a white guy.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.