Texas Judge refuses recusal in Musk/Media Matters lawsuit despite Tesla investments

Originally published at: Texas Judge refuses recusal in Musk/Media Matters lawsuit despite Tesla investments - Boing Boing

3 Likes

This is stupid on his part. While there isn’t any way to punish SCOTUS justices for not recusing themselves, there is for a district judge. It could be grounds for an appeal, and the appeals court could sanction him.

18 Likes

Texas is where justice goers to die. I won’t hold my breath but I appreciate your take on this so much.

5 Likes

The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals tends to not be quite as nuts as some of the district court judges. For now. That will change if Harris doesn’t win.

13 Likes

3 Likes

Ah, that takes me back.

“Bent as a nine-bob note”.

Better add a quick caveat - it’s all about the crooks, nowt else.

7 Likes

7 Likes

in other words, typical conservative hypocrisy.
shocked i am not.

1 Like

I’d say throw the book at him but, didn’t Texas burn them all?

5th circuit threw a grenade into the nuclear power industry, ruling that the Department of Energy could not license nuclear waste storage facilities.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-supreme-court-hear-nuclear-waste-storage-dispute-2024-10-04/

1 Like

I’m aware. I didn’t say they were great. I said they’re better than some of the district court judges. And if we elect Harris, it will get better. If we don’t…

4 Likes

Yeah, they’re so bad the current USSC strikes down a surprising number of their rulings.

When you’re too whackadoodle for the Roberts Court…

1 Like