Texas: Large Infant Son breaks hospital newborn weight record at 15 pounds

That’s a strong woman. But I’m not really sure what to say about her having a bunch more kids after that given the complexity of the issue :open_mouth: I wasn’t brought up in the large family ethos, so my reaction is “Ahhhh! No more!!!”

So that’s 6.8kg. That’s pretty much the weight of my sixth month old at her last baby check-up appointment. She’s on the 50th percentile for weight. SIX MONTHS OLD!!!

6 Likes

Another surprising thing: they put that child in a buttoned shirt with buttoned cuffs!!! That’s a newborn in a shirt.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Once again clear proof that not all babies are cute, despite what some people like to insist.

1 Like

More like a Z-section. (I’ll see myself out.)

1 Like

Poor him? /s

6 Likes

Yeah, the video mentioned that she did. IANAO but I assume that is why the baby doesn’t look squished

1 Like

I was born at about 4 kg and my mother always tells me that it was memorable. This one at 6.8 sounds … disastrous.

Yeah, I opened the story mostly just to see that mom and baby were okay (I assumed they were otherwise the headline would be grim or non-existent).

In our prenatal classes, a midwife said to us, “Don’t worry, if your baby is ten pounds instead of eight, it’s not two more pounds of skull.” (The bad news: Labour is still labour)

Unrelated (i.e. not @Melz2): I clicked through the link to the story and got to twitter. The first reply on twitter was basically, "No, the mother is not healthy, obesity is a disease."

God damn it. Take your hatred of fat people out of my article about an adorable, chubby baby.

10 Likes

Jesus.

My brother was almost 5 Kilos at birth, and my mom is a very tiny woman. Mom was used to me - premature baby, got to half a bottle and was asleep - so having to deal with my brother finishing a bottle and crying for another one was different for sure. Hell, she started giving him cereals way before the doctor said she could because nothing satisfied him.

Of course, now, some 40 years and a bit later, he is very thin and I look like a walrus, so …

4 Likes

Now that’s an interesting reinterpretation of Burning Man.

And here my baby was 1.5 kg at birth. I think that is around 3 pound, 5 ounces.

3 Likes

My heart explodes with empathy.

I was about to say I hope they are okay, then I thought you probably wouldn’t have posted that if not, then I thought it would be in “Fuck Today” if things were still dicey, then I went to that thread and filtered for your responses and saw you post about your baby teething from 3 years ago.

What a time to be alive!

6 Likes

Yeah, kiddo is fine. She’ll be 4 in less than a month. She’s healthy, whip smart and adorable. She was born at 30 weeks and we were told that 98% of 30 weekers do just fine. She’s on the autism spectrum, which isn’t surprising because her father is too. It was either his ASD or my ADHD.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.