This Texas teen has the world's longest legs on a female

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/06/this-texas-teen-has-the-worlds-longest-legs-on-a-female.html

8 Likes

Everything really IS bigger in Texas!

7 Likes

I am 5’ 11’, so not big but not small either. 53" is my shoulder height. “Eyes up here, Mister” just got a bit harder.

6 Likes

That’s cool and all, but who has the MOST legs?

21 Likes

Wait, what? She’s 6’ 10" and she’s 6’ 8"? How does that work?

10 Likes

It depends upon which leg they use for the measurement??

8 Likes

I think it was a typo.

Peter Crouch is 2.01 metres/6’7" so I assume that 6’10" is correct

7 Likes

Trump’s accountants were involved there somewhere, I’m sure. They’re ever so creative when it comes to numbers.

2 Likes

Yeah… no… I’m at work, I’m not clicking a video about a teen’s legs.

8 Likes

2.08 meters is 6.8 feet which is 6’10". Americans are weird and not even we are capable of using our measurement system

13 Likes

She grew 2 inches just while I was reading this story. That’s tall!

15 Likes

They only need to reach to the ground. But if she’s very tall she’s going to need those long legs for traction.

3 Likes

I think 2.08 meters was translated from 6’ 10" because that’s a pretty exact conversion.

then someone converted it back to 6’ 8", which isn’t right

1 Like

The video doesn’t say whether she’s still growing…she could make 7 feet

6 Likes

If we’re being picky…

6.8 feet is 6 foot 9.6inches

But in fact 2.08 metres is 81.889764 inches = 6 foot 9.889764 inches or 6.824147 feet.

You need that many decimal points when it comes to world records. :wink:

2 Likes

Man, and I thought my cousin was tall!

The weird thing is, I’d expect her legs to be longer. A lot of height difference between people comes down to differences in leg length, so normally, with someone that tall, their legs are disproportionately long, compared to the proportions of an average sized person. But she doesn’t just have long legs, she seems to have quite a long torso, too. She’s just… long.

7 Likes

Typically, but not always. I’m not tall (5’10"), but I have the same inseam measurement (29") as my father who is only 5’5" tall. All my extra 5" in height is torso.

2 Likes

Let’s put her up against this guy;

1 Like

I’ve got… hang on… 12!
I could let you have a couple if you’re short.

1 Like