Ron DeSantis appears to be wearing extreme heel lifts and is having trouble walking in them

Originally published at: Ron DeSantis appears to be wearing extreme heel lifts and is having trouble walking in them | Boing Boing

6 Likes

I assume that it would be just desperately uncivil for people to refer to him as “clown shoes” whenever possible. And we would not want our polity’s discourse marred by incivility.

24 Likes

I hate giving any slack to Desantis - but those look alot like a classic last from any good boot company.

with the exception that his feet appear to be freekishly long.

6 Likes

… Puddin’ Fingers does sound like a clown name

16 Likes

I’ll defer to the experts.

Ron DeSantis has been gallivanting around the campaign trail spreading anti-LGBT propaganda in paper-thin pants and boots with what seems like room to spare. Conspiracy theories have taken hold of social- media platforms like Twitter and TikTok about the Florida governor’s signature boots concealing four-inch platforms inside them. Stilt-truthers have begun sharing diagrams, hypothesizing where DeSantis’s feet begin and end, where his toes are hitting inside his shoes, how high his own heels are actually off the ground, and why the tips of his boots curl up so horrifically. It takes a great man to stand in his truth, but it takes a significantly less-great man to stand on his tippy toes.

12 Likes

He 100% walks like someone wearing high heels for the first time.
Sad!

18 Likes

Whatever shoes he puts on become clown shoes.

30 Likes

The magical elves that reside in his kicks look up and say, “You are pathetic!”

6 Likes

Kinky boots!

13 Likes

such a good movie. exactly the kind of thing desantis would like to have banned and burned

( also, hooray for anything with chiwetel ejiofor )

17 Likes

Yep, he has a classic case of little man syndrome. My father had it, though not to the extent of the Desanctimonious shitgibbon. Dad played tough instead of wearing stupid lifts.

14 Likes

He’s so insecure about his height he basically has to wear high heels disguised as some ugly ass boots? What a sad little man. (And that’s not even a dig at his height, which is completely average.)

8 Likes

As part of the slightly-vertically-challenged community myself, Ronny Longtoes does not represent us. He should just accept it and appreciate being able to fit into smaller spaces more comfortably.

Nulla fores artus percutiet caput meum

11 Likes

It looks more like he’s walking with a wedgie to me…

4 Likes

I always wanted to be 6’5". It is comforting to know I can get there in a pair of Desantis boots.

10 Likes

Let the record show that I stopped growing prematurely only because I am scared of heights.

12 Likes

DeSantis once again attempts an area where Trump has had a lot more practice.

13 Likes

Makes me wonder whether he’s wearing Donnie’s hand-me-downs.

8 Likes

There’s clearly no human foot in the ends of those shoes, but I think we’re missing an obvious possibility here - he’s not wearing lifts, he has hooves.

25 Likes

I was the shortest kid in school, had my growth spurt veeeerrrry late, and still only stand at 5’9" — and never in my life have I felt like this would be something I could remotely consider doing.

Mamrie Hart Ego GIF by Rooster Teeth

21 Likes