DeSantis is forced to explain his choices in footwear

Originally published at: DeSantis is forced to explain his choices in footwear

3 Likes
9 Likes

The Governor told PBT Podcast listeners that he’s wearing “standard off the rack Lucchese” boots.

Jackboots?

14 Likes

I’m a lot more concerned with the fascism, but since it seems like his campaign is dead in the water, I don’t mind calling attention to his footwear.

20 Likes

“standard off the rack Lucchese”

That doesn’t mean there aren’t lifts INSIDE that are aftermarket.

The crease in the front part of the foot is weird. It looks like there is nothing in the toes. Honestly a little impressed he hasn’t tripped over them.

7 Likes

Uh-huh. “1 inch shy of six feet” is precisely the kind of circumlocution that would be used by a person who’s afraid they don’t measure up.

It doesn’t matter how tall your lifts are Ron. Your words and actions mark you out as a small minded bigot, and you’re 27 points shy of the Republican nomination.

18 Likes

I always say I am 5’ 11 1/2" because rounding up to 6 ft feels dishonest. I’ve never thought to say ‘1/2" shy of 6 feet.’"

7 Likes

Another case of “Trump can get away with it, but no one else can.“

6 Likes

One of my nieces the other day told me she was 5’1" and 3/4ths.

She’s in her mid-20’s.

She’s very self-conscious of her height, although the entire family on the shorter side.

9 Likes

Ummm, excuse me?
So people who are shorter than that do need extra height from footwear?
What a jerk.
For so many reasons.
This is just one more.

19 Likes

A friend of mine describes herself as “Five foot and a fag butt tall”.

(It might be a London thing, I’ve heard the phrase before. And for USA folk, fag butt = cigarette end).

7 Likes

look, if he wants to wear heels, i’m fine with that. it’s his choice.

8 Likes

high heels smiling GIF

10 Likes

I look forward to him suddenly being three inches shorter post election. And limping from the cruel shoes.

8 Likes

At the other end of the scale, I saw a woman comedian describe herself as “five foot thirteen”.

Quoting from memory:

“Guys at bars think they’re cute and clever when they ask ‘How’s the weather up there?’. I tell them it’s raining, then I spit on them.”

14 Likes

I don’t want to dismiss the magnitude of the DeSantis threat; but I think they have an entire song about him.

The host offered him a pair of Ferragamos, presumably without extra height, and DeSantis noted that he can’t accept gifts.

He won’t accept something for his feet, but he has no problem with donors footing his campaign bills.

7 Likes

Head and Toe. Who knows what other contraptions Trump’s got slapped against his foul body.

3 Likes

Ew Wtf GIF by Married At First Sight

5 Likes

A friend describes herself as 4’13"

7 Likes