An angry Ron DeSantis launches campaign by snapping after stump speech: "Are you blind?" (video)

Originally published at: An angry Ron DeSantis launches campaign by snapping after stump speech: "Are you blind?" (video) | Boing Boing

8 Likes

This is right in line with the image that he’s trying to cultivate. His campaign ads tout his unwillingness to “bow” to questions from the press. All right wing cretins have taken different lessons from Trumo’s bizarre and likely unrepeatable success. One of DeSantis’ favorites seems to be “be an asshole at the podium and refuse to answer questions”

14 Likes

This sounds right. He’s so calculated and overly planned, like the caricature of the brilliant kid lacking basic empathy used in TV shows. “I’ve done everything right, don’t you see? I only deserve praise and reward!”

10 Likes

“Off to the camp with you”. Our own Cultural Revolution in the making.

10 Likes

Christ, what a christofascist asshole

13 Likes

He was taking photos with supplicants. He was not answering questions. Also look how he licks his lips when you know he wants to lash out. I’ve noted this behavior/tic for awhile.

12 Likes

Let’s hope he pops off a bunch more, and the instability hum begins.

I keep pondering on how a single shout/scream of excitement derailed Howard Dean, in simpler times. How innocent we were.

18 Likes

Michael Dukakis has driven his tank into the chat.

15 Likes

Let’s not hope for it too soon…we need to make sure he and Trump continue to split the party well into the primaries.

7 Likes

I’m curious why he popped off specifically with “Are you BLIND?” People–assuming DarthSantis is people–usually say that if they think anyone could deduce the answer by simply observing what’s going on around them. I’m not sure how this addresses the question, “Why don’t you answer questions?” Unless he’s saying, “Use your eyes! You’re talking to an idiotic asshole!”

4 Likes

adam sandler pudding GIF

9 Likes

Yeah. I actually tried it. I know of no one in life who does that. It is hella unnatural. Try it.

3 Likes

Mmmm… my lips taste of lip! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Insulting your own potential voters to own the libs is definitely a strategy.

4 Likes

LL Cool J made a career out of licking his lips before he does anything in life :joy:

4 Likes

I think it’s rather refreshing. He’s so clearly shit at handling press engagements that obviously he’s not a career politician. And that’s goo. People are tired of experts.

Parks And Recreation Nbc GIF by HULU

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

13 Likes

Wow sounds like he can’t handle politics.

11 Likes

It would be so, so easy to trigger him in a debate and get all that on national tv!

4 Likes

“Goo” for lovers of democracy if the trend below continues.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/backlash-to-the-backlash-is-seeing-reddest-parts-of-florida-rise-against-desantis-right-wing-crusade-columnist/ar-AA1c0jb5?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=774778387b0a4e6898b1cb445d0750db&ei=57

4 Likes