What to do when your 5'8" boyfriend insists he is 6 feet tall

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/15/what-to-do-when-your-58-bo.html

7 Likes

Kick him in the nuts?

17 Likes
13 Likes

As you get older, people shrink. Like the wicked witch of the west.

17 Likes

But the lies are getting laaaaarger!

20 Likes

See, I am just the opposite. I won’t say I am 6 feet, I am 5’ 11 1/2".

5 Likes

You also grow a bit taller while you sleep, then shrink back down over the course of the day. But the real explanation is that Every. Single. Statement. emerging from Trump is a lie. (ETA, he wrote his own medical report’s summary, but i am sure his doc helped with the numbers and) also lied about his weight, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, etc. Essentially nothing in his medical report should be accepted as true.

27 Likes

I’m six feet tall from the waist up; I just got cheated in the leg department.

20 Likes

6’ 3"? I didn’t know we piled sh*t that high.

14 Likes

First off not all of my height goes up and down. My love handles, which account for 5’3 through 5’8 and a half of me, were misplaced onto my sides.

So they count.

9 Likes
10 Likes

I’m sure it’s just a trick of perspective, like double reverse foreshortening. But what do you imagine Trudeau is thinking in this picture?

4 Likes

Slightly off-topic, but my Frenchie thinks Trump is a liar, too. This was a couple days ago in my living room.

Edited to add: Please forgive the portrait mode. The subject matter wouldn’t fit in landscape mode from the vantage point I had at the time.

14 Likes

“Who knew Trump could Riverdance?”

6 Likes

Maybe it’s his aspirational height?

10 Likes

I’m exactly six feet tall, but have the same issue. I “sit” like I’m 6’4". Getting comfortable in the driver’s seat of a car has always been a PITA for me.

4 Likes

That photo must have been taken at the “Mystery Spot” area of the White House. https://www.mysteryspot.com

7 Likes

Didn’t exactly “lie” per se.

11 Likes

You can try, but it won’t be stable…

17 Likes

Same for me, short legs. My feet barely touch the ground when I stand up.

7 Likes