Texas lawmaker's arrogance about Biden and vaccines turns into a hilarious Larry David moment

Originally published at: Texas lawmaker's arrogance about Biden and vaccines turns into a hilarious Larry David moment | Boing Boing

16 Likes

“Um…uh…I said 100 days, not 92! I’m still not impressed!”

33 Likes

Funny, but, I don’t know why anyone still assumes any GOP politician is dealing in good faith.

67 Likes

But aren’t they the party of Christian values and faith?! /sarcasm

13 Likes

Funny how, whenever Dan Crenshaw’s name comes up, in any context, my reaction to what he’s doing always ends up being, “Christ, what an asshole.” He really is a disingenuous sleaze, in every possible way.

28 Likes

We didn’t elect Joe Biden to kiss the collective ass [not that he is & the POTUS don’t answer to GQP] of the KKKpublicans, they can go f’ off and do it swiftly. This clown is one of the worst in the tRump Cult boot lickers.

20 Likes

It’s all about mah FreeDumDums!
Sick of COVIDiots and anti-vaxxer whackadoodles.

16 Likes

Not being sarcastic, but the Republicans are the party of orthodoxy, doing all the rituals correctly (acording to their interpretation). They don’t believe in orthopraxy, actually doing the right thing.

This is why it is easy to imagine Republicans shouting “crucify him” at the trial of Jesus.

35 Likes

Edited for clarity, hope you don’t mind.

24 Likes

Is this just more projection on the part of the GQP? They assume that government is bad/incompetent/whatever because they are, and when they’re in charge, they set out to prove it.

6 Likes

He’s just mad that Biden has cruelly, heartlessly done the opposite of what Trump would have accomplished… you know, 200 million COVID deaths, and only 550,000 vaccinations.

16 Likes

That’s backwards.

The GQP claims the government is bad and incompetent, then they get elected and intentionally fuck up whatever is in their power to fuck up.

Then they point at their own path of destruction and say: DIDN’T I WARN YOU? THE GOVERNMENT CAN’T DO ANYTHING RIGHT! And continue to campaign on things like “draining the swamp” now that they’ve intentionally stuffed it full of even more alligators.

And the thing is, republican voters are either too stupid to understand this has been the GOP’s MO for the last 50 years, or they’re rich enough to profit from the intentional mismanagement and lack of governance.

The GOP has no interest in democracy, governance, or America’s wellbeing. And hasn’t been at least since regan.

29 Likes

I think even that pretense largely went out the window when the elected the serial philanderer who doesn’t even pretend to go to church, much less live according to Biblical principles.

20 Likes

He will pretend to go to church as long as he gets to teargas people along the way. I’m pretty sure that’s in the bible.

14 Likes

“The most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help” said Ronald Reagan, when he was the government.

I always figured he was warning people about himself.

18 Likes

I’ve posted this image before. Crenshaw’s district is the 2nd.
If we fix the obscene gerrymandering of Texas’s congressional districts, he’ll go away immediately

38 Likes

Well, Pete Davidson, he’s opening himself to criticism again. Strike while the iron is hot.

11 Likes

Is it this bit?

“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

15 Likes

But Trump is the second coming of Cyrus the Great, or something.

10 Likes

39 Likes