Congressman Dan Crenshaw got heckled after snapping at a girl

Originally published at: Congressman Dan Crenshaw got heckled after snapping at a girl | Boing Boing

12 Likes

“I can’t wrap my head around this.”

That’s for sure.

31 Likes

‘Jesus is a hero archetype, Superman is a hero archetype. Real characters too…’

Ooops… would it be questioning his faith to say it sounds rather like he doesn’t think Jesus was a real person?

40 Likes

After going on SNL to garner sympathy for being heckled for similar reasons by Pete Davidson, I really wish Pete Davidson would roast him even harder a second time.

real housewives of atlanta GIF

ETA: For what it’s worth, my late uncle-in-law lost his eye and had extensive skin graft surgeries after being sent to Vietnam. Later, he became a pastor and came out as gay. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t be a fan of Crenshaw’s tactics, either.

39 Likes

It appears this girl hasn’t been fully indoctrinated into the GQP. She should be sent back home for re-education, where a steady diet of Fox News, OAN, Newsmax, and Dan Bongino will helpfully “remind” her that hypocrisy is only a sin if Democrats do it.

15 Likes

Smart little girls are very threatening to stupid men.

71 Likes

That’s a perfect example of Republican thinking these days. “Don’t question my <some belief>”. “I am not going to have my <some belief> questioned!” It’s nuts. Who the hell are you to say your beliefs cannot be questioned by someone else? It’s especially hypocritical because their whole existence these days seems to be predicated on questioning every single established fact we live by, until their followers don’t have any idea what to believe.

35 Likes

Yessss. Go go [smart] girl power!

dbfjE7e

37 Likes

Members of the modern GOP love bullying, since it lets them cover a number of Eco’s characteristics of fascism in one shot.

19 Likes

37 Likes

He’s really leaning into the “eyepatch = villain” trope

11 Likes

Christ: “This asshole…”

14 Likes

“Bullying is the new normal for GOP politicians.”

14 Likes

Congressman Dan Crenshaw = Garbage Human Being Pile of Shit Wrapped In Skin

17 Likes

Crenshaw’s outrage defines the so called Christian religious right. By their standards, the only thing that God loves more than an inconsiderate, self righteous total jerk of a control freak is a rich inconsiderate, self righteous total jerk of a control freak.

13 Likes

Comment from twitter that I liked (emphasis mine):

‘Crenshaw’s immediate recourse to “don’t question my faith” (even when no one did that) shows how sincere belief exempts certain discourses from public scrutiny, even when that same discourse can be used to motivate and justify political action. It’s a pretty effective move, and look how readily he uses it! You can talk about “faith” things all the time, but if anyone questions them at all, then they’re out of line. Beliefs are held close, individual and important and deep, and it’s rude to ask questions.’

26 Likes

I don’t know why, but Crenshaw saying “don’t question my faith” reminded me of A Fish Called Wanda’s “don’t call me stupid!”

24 Likes

In WWII, Adolf Hitler had “faith”.
At that time, my father and my uncle “questioned” it.
And they… won.

20 Likes

He was so, so close to the point.

4 Likes

What they say: “Don’t question my belief!”
What they mean: “I can’t defend or explain my belief!”

What they say: “Don’t question my faith!”
What they mean: “My faith is shallow and fragile!”

16 Likes