Texas man sues women who told ex-wife how to get abortion pills

More Texas judicial fuckery, judge trying to avoid scrutiny as he attempts to adjudicate over how medicine is practiced. 'Unacceptable': Right-wing judge attempts to keep key abortion pill hearing secret - Raw Story - Celebrating 19 Years of Independent Journalism

5 Likes

Get any women you care about out of Texas.

Can you imagine what gynelogical care will look like in red states in the near future/present?

7 Likes

Or, you know… start doing the work to undo the damage… :woman_shrugging: They don’t plan to stop with bans in states that the GOP controls the legislature. It’s coming for the whole country. So, just leaving one state will not solve the problem. The problem is that far too many people on the left have assumed that Roe was gonna stand, and that there were more “important” issues (ie, not “identity” politics issues of like women’s bodily autonomy) and have preferred to focus solely on those issues, and to not fight the encroaching erosion of women’s rights in this country. Allowing wide swaths of the country to fall to this kind of oppression is no more an actual option as was just ignoring Jim Crow as it was just “in those backwards places” and not in “real” America - where white northerners ignored their own complicity in perpetuating bigotry and segregation in fact in their own communities. Much like that, this is very much a nation-wide problem. That’s the only way to fix it.

Also, are you under the impression that we can’t make choices for ourselves, but are merely extensions of the men in our lives, who bear sole responsibility for “taking us” places? Or that we need men to save us?

Joe Biden Reaction GIF

15 Likes

Yeah, exactly - this wasn’t an “unintended consequence,” it wasn’t something they maybe foresaw but didn’t care about happening, this is exactly what they had in mind when they wrote that bill. They imagined and desired this and worse - much, much worse.

8 Likes

[Buried in salt] I don’t attribute much desire or imagination to those people, but which much much worse than death are we (not) going with? [Trigun regulars: head tilt]

2 Likes

A lot of completely unnecessary, prolonged, excruciating physical and emotion pain… followed by death. They get off on the suffering.

3 Likes

In the article (or perhaps another article on the same, sad situation) she states she did get pregnant when she was still married to him and intentionally did not tell him

"Silva and his wife divorced in February but were still married when she conceived in July. It’s unclear from Silva’s lawsuit why his former wife chose to terminate her pregnancy, but it appears from the text messages that she had already planned to leave him by that point.

“I know either way he will use it against me,” she wrote to her friends, according to the text messages included in the complaint. “If I told him before, which I’m not, he would use it as (a way) to try to stay with me.”

7 Likes

No question why she divorced him.

4 Likes

Oh, the ‘carrying’ ectopic pregnancies etc. Yeah, mobility to those and advance proofs of the pains to the nominating committee meetings, any follow-ons.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.