Texas' new cannabis laws screw PTSD sufferers. Again

“all drug addicts … started with marijuana"

And not alcohol or tobacco or prescription drugs. Riiiiight.

15 Likes

I use full-spectrum products. I take 50mg of a full-spectrum hemp RSO daily. I also use oil, hemp flower, CBD vape, and mmj flower on top as needed.

I have PTSD w/ a lot of hyperarousal & hypervigilance, and the stress on my body has turned my muscles into rocks and made me a walking ball of inflammation. I started using RSO when things got so bad it was pinching the nerves in my shoulder. I used RSO, ibuprofen, and some CBG tincture (helps with inflammation) and i never had to go on muscle relaxers.

The anti-anxiety benefits were an unexpected bonus. I didn’t have much luck with oils either, but the RSO blew me away. The effects came on gradually and improved over time as I began using it daily. It literally smooths everything out, even my PMS/PMDD hormone crap, which can get hairy.

I also love mixing hemp flower with my medical marijuana, usually a 50/50 mix. It cuts the head stuff and enhances the body effects and is DELIGHTFUL. i liken it to how it feels when i stick my face in my cat’s belly fluff: fuzzy and warm.

Concentrates are more robust than oils and also easier on my stomach. I use a hemp RSO while I work during the day (I work with kids). I’ve tried using 50/50 RSOs and THC RSOs from the dispensary, which are hit or miss, but my Lazarus Naturals RSO is my holy grail.

Here’s the thing: I work in a CBD shop and we only carry high-quality products that are certified third-party lab tested, with batch numbers and viewable results. we’re anal about it too. there’s a lot of crap on the market with questionable contents and shit quality. be sure to do your research.

7 Likes

there is something called the “entourage effect” which claims that cannabinoids work better together, but there is not really much evidence yet as there are few studies. Regardless, it’s not true that CBD or other cannabinoids have no effect or low effect without THC.

re: the hug without the squeeze: i prefer to call hemp products Marijuana without the wahwahwahwahwah. They’re not intoxicating, psychoactive, or addictive. They are very relaxing and therapeutic and definitely provide a noticeable benefit.

7 Likes

which one would you prefer?
“a bad cannabis law”
“a bad canibal 'n saw”

sorry

It’s not just vets that get PTSD, ya know. Just sayin.

2 Likes

I sincerely hope you’re not thinking, when I say “nincompoops”, I mean PTSD sufferers. And I’m not sure how that got condensed into “just vets”?

ETA: I have to ask, WTF?

4 Likes

No, I was talking about a non-vet. Me, who happens to have PTSD because of childhood sexual abuse.

And that’s all I’m going to say about that.

2 Likes

Not sure how that got processed, either. I’m in the club.

I was referring to the legislators who make nightmares like this possible. I thought that was very clear.

3 Likes

Unless the “wrong type of person” gets arrested (for something else) with hemp in which case they’re going to “err” on the side of charging them with cannabis possession as well?

Show some love & donate to The Texas Observer.

https://www.ezsubscription.com/txo/subscribe?key=SINGDON

2 Likes

Maybe? It wouldn’t shock me if that turned out to be the case, but I think mostly these are local officials who look forward to not dealing with bullshit charges.

A more interesting problem will be where neighboring counties have different policies. The city of Dallas straddles two counties (and one of them is dry).

Hyper-vigilance strikes again, my brother. Sorry I misconstrued.

1 Like

Don’t worry. I was emotionally and physically abused by my own brother from a very early age, which graduated to sexual abuse and coercion in my early teens. I’m pretty open about it in appropriate conversation.

That being said, I wouldn’t deny a PTSD sufferer a glimpse through the third eye, if they thought it might be therapeutic.
It helped me sort out some feelings when there wasn’t much emotional support for me later on.

4 Likes

Yeah. Nobody believed me either, even the person that brought the abusers into the household.

And they still don’t, even after an attempt at education by a psychologist. I think it may be an aspect of The Fucking South.

2 Likes

Just my thoughts - or, for that matter, sugar.

In the Judge Dredd stories, sugar is a controlled drug. When I read that originally, I thought of it as humourous exaggeration, but when you actually think about it, they could have a point.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.