Texas official explains why Uvalde police didn't confront mass shooter: "they could have been shot"

This is weird, when police, “fear for their lives”, they are normally enthusiastic about shooting and killing brown people.

23 Likes

That whole “protect & serve” motto kind of lost it’s meaning.

source

15 Likes

…themselves… protect & defend themselves. The rest of us are on our own.

6 Likes

And yet cops shoot black men all the time when it’s suspected they might have a gun.

14 Likes

FTFY!

19 Likes

It’s probably more fun for the cops to be on SWAT teams as opposed to community policing.

ETA:
from 2 years ago.

17 Likes

Made that more accurate for you both.

25 Likes

How about “when they invent the excuse later that they thought he had a gun.”

3 Likes

I see no sarcasm whatsoever in this. I want to, really I do, but nope, seems straight up truth.

19 Likes

so much for everything being done “for the children”

5 Likes

true the muses GIF

9 Likes

Hey, these guys got into the job so they could shoot Black people and yell “RESPECT THE BADGE!” They didn’t get into it to do any fucking work!

13 Likes

So many years of non-stop propaganda about how cops are above normal humans because they put their lives on the line, and he couldn’t even think to pay lip service to the concept. What completely hollow men these are.

29 Likes

I mean… that’s kind of part of the job of law enforcement (unfortunately)…
But we’re now at a point where there are so many guns and dangerous people in the US that police are afraid to engage?!?!? And folks are arguing that they need more guns?!?!? And give teachers guns?!?!?

It makes me glad I’ve never made the decision to move to the US for my career. Unfortunately, I’m getting to the point I’m losing empathy in these situations. I feel sad for the kids, sad for the families, but it’s becoming such an inevitability that it’s hard to get worked up about. It’s more like feeling numb about it.

I’ve said this before, I’m licensed to own a gun. I do own a gun. I like shooting guns (in a responsible legal manner). But my god I would give that up in a heartbeat for the safety of the public (not just school children). I’m now the father of a fantastic little 2 year old kid, and I cannot fathom having to go through losing a child. It would ruin me. I cannot fathom what those poor parents and family members of these recent shootings are going though (oh… there’s that empathy I thought I lost…)

19 Likes

Aliens… and not the space kind…

:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Stormtroopers

Ah, yes, an “elite” unit known as BORTAC.

5 Likes

That’s even smaller than the two counties in rural Indiana I’m most familiar with. The one I’m in currently, the fire department and EMS are all-volunteer. The only police are from the county sheriff’s department. Why don’t we have a SWAT team? Oh right, because as bad as Indiana is, it’s not Texas-level bad.

14 Likes

Part of the justification that I’ve heard for police salaries and pensions is because of the risk involved. But if they aren’t willing to take the risk, then they don’t deserve the salary.

20 Likes

5 Likes

They’re buying assault vehicles and military equipment all the time.

On of those goes for $1,800.

17 Likes