Texas official: "People enjoy floods"

I think we all know who he means…

4 Likes

#Texas official: “People enjoy floods”

Okay; I have to:

10 Likes

It boggles my mind that insurance companies can claim “act of God” as a cop-out. Setting aside the fact that there is no such gremlin, the whole point of insurance is to insure against the things beyond your control!!!

17 Likes

I am grateful for flood insurance. We live about half a mile inland from the ocean, and about 25 feet up, so flooding is not an impossibility, just unlikely. We recently got rezoned for our flood insurance, which lowered it substantially, but we are still paying it because of the experience we had with a burst water pipe in DH’s business. Insurance was the difference between going belly up and being able to reopen in a few months. Anyone who thinks that recovering from a flood is easy or fun has rocks in their head.

12 Likes

Careful. Flood insurance only covers flooding caused by weather (i.e. water flowing into your home because of rising rivers, lakes, etc), not if a broken pipe pours water into your home.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/pf/insurance/flood_insurance/

1 Like

Home owner insurance doesn’t cover flooding caused by weather-related flooding at all, act of god or not … broken pipe in your house yes … local stream-turned-torrent flowing through your kitchen no.

ETA: editted for clarity

1 Like

We had business insurance that covered the broken pipe, and the house FEMA insurance covers weather-related flooding. If a pipe breaks in the house, that will fall under our homeowner’s insurance. knocks wood

4 Likes

Why is it that only the assholes get into the news down hyah in Tejas? It is dispiriting to realize that Louie Gohmert ran unopposed the last three elections. Radack may seem like a psychopath yet the prosaic truth is that he’s simply a garden variety Texas jerk trapped by his own hyperbole. While some reconstruction-improvements are made possible by flood damage insurance money, it’s clearly a stretch to say owners actually like it. Can’t believe how jaded I’ve become about the elected sphinctritude 'round here.

1 Like

Floods, fires…pretty much the same result.

I’m sure he’ll thrilled when people show up at his door with torches and pitchforks.

1 Like

On the other hand, he who lives by the fine print… one time my dad left the radiator cap off his van, cracked the engine block, and tried to claim it against his accident insurance. They pointed out that the insurance was meant for car accidents. My dad pointed out that he didn’t leave the damn cap off on purpose. They paid.

4 Likes

People must enjoy being ruled by idiotic assholes.

2 Likes

I think you just answered your own question. I know there are good intelligent people deep in the heart of the Lone Star state. You’re just outnumbered by the assholes.

2 Likes

And, too, it is a statistical phenomenon. A state with 5 times the population of an average state has a larger pool of … um, sphinctres. Place gives a bad name to nepotistic sinecure, I tellya.

2 Likes

Some people enjoy saying things so stupid they get fired. It means they get to find a new job where a few years later they can say something stupid again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.