Texas struck by meteor the size of a thousand-pound corgi

How many corgis would it take to reach far into space?

Only one:

27 Likes

Ooh I know this one. Its 50 metres.
Us Aussies all have mandatory swimming lessons, and all those laps really stuck in my head. So a swimming pool has always been my go to yardstick for distances. No pun intended.

16 Likes

Wow, that fucker was so dense, it could even be used as a replacement for Tucker Carlson!

15 Likes

Tiny Boulder the weight of a Small Boulder

10 Likes

Funny, I would have thought a 1000lb corgi would have been bigger

5 Likes

My son’s family has a corgi. Those things are surprisingly dense! (Mass-wise, not intelligence-wise. She’s quite clever!)

15 Likes

Yards and meters are close enough for the granularity of most of those comparisons. Counting all of the stuff to the sides it is something like 5350 square meters, or a bit over half a hectare.

5 Likes

It’s 120 yards long with the end zones…

Run Away GIF

18 Likes

corgi GIF

14 Likes

Ah yes, “size” is not as specific as volume. That’s what I get for not reading the fine print. Meteor has same shoe size as an adolescent dolphin.

12 Likes

Ah, but you’ll like the Olympic-sized pool measurement because it’s in meters! (50, or 164 ft long :wink:)

Dang @alcorrupt got there first. :neutral_face:

coca cola coke GIF by The Coca-Cola Company

6 Likes

:: excitedly runs into the room waving a TI-30 ::

“Hey Guys! I can do the calculations!”

:: dejectedly (and silently) walks out of the room ::

16 Likes

“A corgi with the density of four baby elephants, wearing the hide of a Texas longhorn” is definitely a phrase worthy of feeding to an image generator. Unfortunately, all I’m getting are rather large corgis frolicking with elephants. This calls for a real artist’s interpretation.

6 Likes

spherical corgis? What is this world coming to?
spherical_cow
Only one animal is a true sphere

14 Likes

Please convert to potzrebies.

4 Likes

In my experience they are a lot bigger inside the pool than they look from the outside.

13 Likes

I’m confused, I’d understand if it were elephants but measuring things in baby elephants? How many baby elephants to an elephant?

As for corgis, who measures things in corgis? What’s wrong with good old German shepherds?

7 Likes

An Anglo-German

14 Likes

Oh, a bit over 1.2 acres; or 0.01 hides?

5 Likes

English acres or French acres?

6 Likes