A nice asteroid, 69 alligators long, passed by the Earth this week

Originally published at: A nice asteroid, 69 alligators long, passed by the Earth this week | Boing Boing

5 Likes

OK, but what is the conversion rate from Alligators to Corgis?

6 Likes

Alligators and corgis are important and standard measures of length

3 Likes

69 alligators long

What’s that in bananas?

5 Likes

Sorry, the alligators ate them when trying to convert.

ETA:
We need another Timmy.

7 Likes

Condemn or commend? Either works I guess.

4 Likes

Why not both

4 Likes

It’s related to how many corgis an alligator can eat, I believe

4 Likes

Are you sure its not one of those Imperial to Kelvin conversions?

2 Likes

It’s nice to be reminded that Americans are now the global butt of every “<insert-stereotypically-stupid-nationality-here> joke.”

Because honestly, we have no counter argument.

3 Likes

4.6 (full-grown) Standard Welsh Corgis to 1 (full-grown) American Alligator (including red baseball cap).

So, (69 FG-AA x 4.6 SWC) = 317.4 Standard Welsh Corgis.

Caveat - I am not a mathematician

ETA - I also worked out the width and diameter in Big Bens and Double-Deckers, but the web refreshed and lost my amazing calculations and I can’t be fucked to go through that again.

5 Likes

It’s worse than that because to convert back the corgis have to then eat the alligators.

6 Likes

I don’t know how many alligators you can fit in an Olympic swimming pool, but I do know that you have to take the corgis out first, otherwise bad things happen.

4 Likes

That depends: are you asking the alligators or the corgies?

2 Likes

Hey, ya’ll!

69 alligators…snout to tail.

Happy You Go GIF by Ryn Dean

6 Likes

The latest conspiracy? To mitigate the chance of global panic, the scientific community has decided to report the sizes of all near-Earth asteroids in animal-units.

JPL Spokesperson: “… should pass between the Earth and the Moon…”

The World: “Ohhh, how cute!”

5 Likes

Nice, huh? Was it seen waving as it went by?

African or European alligators?

Fitting corgis into an Olympic-sized swimming pool is only a measure of surface area because their butts float them to the top.

1 Like

If corgis and alligators are immiscible, like oil and water, you risk ending up with a layer of corgis over a layer of alligators. On the surface, everything looks cute (if a bit damp and yappy), but underneath it’s a different story.

And that, kids, is why you don’t put corgis and alligators in your swimming pool together. This has been a swimming pool safety PSA …

1 Like