Man has alligator as emotional support animal

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/24/697106.html

2 Likes

I’m not exactly sure where you draw the line between legitimate support animal and taking the piss, but this is definitely way over said line.

13 Likes

I mean, if the kind of emotional support you need is “get everyone to back the fuck off and leave me alone!” then this seems ideal!

33 Likes

Judging by the photos, I’m thinking this alligator wouldn’t be capable of much more damage than your average dog.

4 Likes

If your support animal could (and quite likely would) actually, literally eat you, you may need to reconsider some of your life choices.

9 Likes

And the guy who fell off the roof of a 60-story building was heard saying “so far, so good” on the way down.

17 Likes

I’m usually not one to question a person’s need for emotional support but something tells me those are crocodile tears.

23 Likes

Other than “hungry” do they even have emotions?

8 Likes

Shades of Betty White in Lake Placid.

1 Like

Can’t think why but someone needs to say:

See you later, alligator (and your pet human).

2 Likes

Any ones dog would eat them if they die first.
Cats too.

2 Likes

I sense a Darwin Award in the making.

6 Likes

I’d love to have Wally next to me on a plane.
Seriously.

1 Like

This is going to end really well!

3 Likes

Fine, just don’t expect to be allowed to fly with it.

Or be allowed into any business or government office or place of worship or hospital or pretty much anywhere besides your own home.

3 Likes

True enough, this one may not wait, though. I don’t care if I get eaten after I am dead. I have some issues with being eaten as cause of death.

6 Likes

That’s why my emotional support animal is a rabid bear with bees up his butt.

SO FAR he’s never turned on me. The key is to have someone else install the bees so he continues to trust me. He’s not too fond of them though.

6 Likes

I’ll have an alligator sandwich. And make it snappy!

3 Likes

I am sure Wally is a wonderful alligator who knows better than to bite the hand that feeds him.

I’m just kidding.

All it will take is Mr Henney forgetting to feed Wally a couple days in a row, and Wally will start wondering how tasty Mr Henney is.

Fast forward ten or so years, let Mr Henney get a bit absent minded about feeding the (by then full grown) alligator, and the next thing you know, instead of an old man and his weird companion animal, you’ll just an overstuffed alligator with no sign of an old man anywhere to be seen.

3 Likes

Mee too. I love reptiles.

2 Likes