That "Ultra Right Beer" lost its contract brewery

Fool them with Champale.

s-l400

4 Likes

Welcome to BB @lobsterbait
Yes - watered-down donkey piss is really not acceptable for beer.

7 Likes

Honestly, for $35 a six pack, I’m tempted to buy a bunch of Bud Light, wrap the bottles in a new label, and relieve the loony right wingers of their excess cash.

4 Likes

This article only calls her a trans woman influencer, not trans activist. Although in a small way that is activism…it shows that trans people deserve to be anything as much as anyone else, even dress up queens.

(I will grant that Caitlyn Jenner, while trans and an activist, is in no way a trans activist but that’s because she’s dedicated to throwing everyone else under the tank treads.)

17 Likes

I’d say speaking to the president of the United States about trans-rights does make someone an activist, and I think gatekeeping activism is awful.

2 Likes

Trans person here. Been an activist and community leader since the early 80’s. Involved in passing several laws and many other issues and activities. Most trans people aren’t livid with her - at all. Most are livid at the discrimination and threats of violence she’s receiving.

I personally however, do get disappointed with petty horizontal hostility from people who could be supporting each other. And who probably forget what their own very early transitions were like. Especially when the entire community is under risk of actual elimination and pograms.

You don’t speak for me.

24 Likes

She is indeed the apotheosis arrogance and privilege.

17 Likes

If she wasn’t an activist before, she became one when the Feminism Appropriating Reactionary Transphobes decided to make her a target

18 Likes

That statement by Molson in that story…I can’t help but hear it in the voice of Duff Man.

5 Likes

The Office Pam GIF by MOODMAN

14 Likes

Miller, not coming from the Champagne region, is merely sparkling cat piss!

11 Likes

Non-trans person here, but this seems like the most important part of the story, rather than parsing definitions.

12 Likes

“Of course, we respect local restrictions around the word ‘champagne,’ but we remain proud of Miller High Life, its nickname and its Milwaukee, Wisconsin provenance,” the statement continued. “We invite our friends in Europe to the U.S. any time to toast the High Life together.”

You can just hear the clenched teeth through which this was uttered.

I’m generally very much in favour of the EU’s protections of local specialities (even if I think there are better sparkling wines than champagne). But this decision is linguistically suspect. They’re not claiming that their beer is champagne. Only that it is as good as champagne. If anything, being used as a point of comparison like that only raises champagne’s status as a premium drink (regardless of whether Miller High Life is actually any good or not).

I suppose a point could be made that the cans were supposed to be sold in Germany, where the average consumer might not be able to distinguish these subtleties in foreign language ad copy.

10 Likes

Kind of disappointed in the missed opportunity to include “Get Bent” in the headline.

5 Likes

Throw in a good pilsner then I’m in.

6 Likes

To be fair I’d be happy if somebody thought that stuff being compared to “beer” made it illegal!

6 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

Also, I think another beer might own that title, Berliner Weisse, dubbed Champagne of the North by Napoleon’s troops (supposedly).

Also, oh wow, missed something…

6 Likes

I’ve been to Germany, and I’ve enjoyed German beer very much. There were several moments of “This is what it’s supposed to taste like? What the hell was I drinking before?”

So I’m trying to imagine a German, in Germany, who would buy Miller High Life on purpose… :thinking:

11 Likes