That "Ultra Right Beer" lost its contract brewery

Originally published at: That "Ultra Right Beer" lost its contract brewery | Boing Boing

9 Likes

TIL - The CIA is leftist :woman_shrugging:

34 Likes

Given the profile pic, I thought that was satire. Given the rest of his feed, nope.

16 Likes

They are destabilizing and overthrowing the wrong countries /s

14 Likes

My brain is melting from reading that tweet.

16 Likes

Contract clients for alcohol are a nightmare for this very reason. There are so many rules about sales, distribution and advertising that change state-to-state. I had a client once who failed to get an extremely simple tax form filled out when making sales. When we told them they could no longer sell under our license until he caught up with his paperwork, he submitted forged docs! License suspension is instant in most cases and results in zero revenue possibilities which means people lose their jobs. If a potential contract client did even one of the things these fools did, I would discharge them instantly.

25 Likes

straightup

31 Likes
18 Likes

If the product was “0% alcohol by volume,” would these rules still apply?
(eg. This was advertised as “beer” but was merely colored/flavored/sugared water.)

6 Likes

Honestly, I don’t know. I tend to work at the other end of the ABV spectrum. Since I only ever see non-alcoholic beer in the beer cooler and it can be sold in beer stores in NY, I assume it’s regulated as beer (beer and wine/spirits cannot be sold in the same establishments and beer-only stores can’t sell anything else alcoholic, same with liquor/wine shops).

It would be hilarious if they ended up shipping a NA beer to a bunch of angry regressives, though.

ETA: Actually, now that I think of it, yes, it is definitely regulated as beer. If they used the term “beer” on the label and it wasn’t a malt product it would be immediately banned. The act of fermentation still produces alcohol, and producing alcohol in any volume is regulated by the TTB.

10 Likes

A tangent:

8 Likes

Anheuser-Busch does a lot of contract brewing, including for Sam Adams. Just saying.

4 Likes

Yeah, a lot of people incorrectly assumed that Goose Island was the contract brewery in question. Which is owned by AB InBev. Would have been hilarious, but alas, no.

10 Likes

If only MAGA folks could use their power to create stories from nothing for good instead of stupid…

5 Likes

People, I think I just discovered another leftist CIA foot soldier who might have infiltrated the government!

7 Likes

And a jarhead to boot. Not to say there are no left leaning Marines, but, you know… the job does attract a certain demographic and certainly they’re the most revered branch by that side of the aisle.

Framing that guy as a commie hippie libtard is losing their own plot pretty badly.

10 Likes

I never cease to be amazed at the lengths MAGAs go to to twist reality to fit their fantasy world. Every time something comes up that seems to contradict their story they pile on one unconnected conspiracy after another until balance is restored. So we end up with stuff like antifa CIA agents and Soros-funded false-flag white power groups. It’s beyond pretzel logic, it’s more like Nabisco Shredded Wheat™ logic. All those tiny threads winding every which way to form one huge unpalatable lump.

12 Likes

I’m still waiting to throw my money at BoingBoing Brewery. A fine collection of IPA’s, Lagers and some nice Stouts!

4 Likes

I don’t know… those bottle are really phallic and look ready to pop…

5 Likes

Trans person here. There are many of us who are livid that Dylan Mulvaney, a self-promoting attention seeker, is being cast as a “trans ACTIVIST”. They are wholly unqualified to represent anything trans, unless you are also obsessed with being a center-of-attention, dress up queen/ingenue.

On top of that, I wouldn’t drink a Bud Light if it was the only carbonated alcoholic beverage on the planet.

2 Likes