Budweiser brewer Anheuser-Busch ditches marketing executives responsible for post featuring transgender star

Originally published at: Budweiser brewer Anheuser-Busch ditches marketing executives responsible for post featuring transgender star | Boing Boing

4 Likes

What, Chad was busy?

26 Likes

What a bunch of poltroons.

22 Likes

I guess drunk people who get into fights with cops at Dierks Bentley concerts are Bud’s target audience

17 Likes

Spineless fuckers. I hope their sales take another hit.

37 Likes

26 Likes

Well I can safely say none of this kerfuffle has had any impact whatsoever on the quantity of Bud Light I purchase.

49 Likes

They already had enough Mike’s and James’.

16 Likes

Tucker has some time on his hands.

9 Likes

All this over a small handful of posts on “one of many influerncers’” social media? From the backlash I had assumed this Beer-Haul Putz was over a committed and ongoing organized marketing partnership. I guess it shouldn’t surprise me that these fuckers are even more fragile than I thought.

20 Likes

Whew, well - at least now I can go back to not drinking Bud Light.

Unfortunately the turn-around was so fast that I never actually bought any Bud Light in the first place, so it’s all a push from this side of the table.

12 Likes

Anheuser-Busch just can’t find a rock big enough to hide under it.

11 Likes

Can someone explain to me why bud light has any market share at all?
Edited to add: other than its being the most advertised beer in the world, of course.

10 Likes

Zima went out of style?

8 Likes

Wow this turned cowardly so much quicker than I thought it would. I honestly thought they were ignoring the backlash.

So young and naïve I was.

32 Likes

Because someone has to be better than Schaefer Light? (I quit drinking a long time ago, I just remember that was the cheap shitty beer when I was in college)

4 Likes

cheap, plentiful and available anywhere. I recall standing in the beer store years ago with my 6 pack of micro brew and wondering why I couldn’t stomach the taste of Bud light that sold in 30 packs for just a little more than my 6 pack.

6 Likes

AB could have just ignored the dipshit man-babies and their tantrums.

Bud Light, it goes with chicken.

10 Likes

It’s sad, but then again, Anheuser-Busch is a registered donor of the Republican party so…

6 Likes

American drinking culture. Or more so american culture affected by drinking.

I guess they sell a ton of beer cheap that’s usually passed out quite freely at parties. So much so that in many parts of the country you are a pariah for being a non-drinker even in religious parts. Don’t drink because of your religion, pariah. Can’t drink because of health reasons, pariah. Afraid of relapsing back into alcoholism, pariah. Seen a ton of people stumble around drunk all the time and it put you off drinking, you’re still a pariah for not chugging one down.

Cheap beer fuels rural american culture which is why those folks who love to call anyone who lives within a minute of a Starbucks a snoflake had a massive meltdown over her pushing bud light.

9 Likes