Budweiser clears out workers after bomb threat over Mulvaney controversy — which could be good for profits

Originally published at: Budweiser clears out workers after bomb threat over Mulvaney controversy — which could be good for profits | Boing Boing

3 Likes

May those who sent the bomb threats be found and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

18 Likes

“We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people,” Anheuser-Busch said in a statement. “We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer.”

“Actually…”

Henry Louis Gates, Jr. drank a Samuel Adams. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

The party they donate to the most supports domestic terrorism that hurts us all.

12 Likes

Hold up, Kid Rock is a musician now?

9 Likes

At the risk of repeating, this is why we are seeing corporate “woke culutre” right now.

It has nothing to do with “wokeness” or finding their (nonexistent) souls, it is pure capitalism. They are not going to drive away 20% of the upcoming generation of customers to appease a vanishing minority of loud assholes. And before you say “20%? Isn’t that still a minority?” please consider that these folks have friends, family and allies who are not ashamed of them and will stand up for their interests. That is a force multiplier, and they know it.

21 Likes

In related news, right-wing terrorists are just dumb as hell.

9 Likes

Ah…Topeka, Kansas. :person_facepalming:

5 Likes

“It’s been in decline for a really long time. And if we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand, there will be no future for Bud Light.”

Hold up; are they talking about Bud Light or the Conservative/White Evangelical/Republican movement?

7 Likes

I’m all for inclusiveness and I’m really glad to see it. I’ll never understand why people (my own family included) get so very hung up on it. It would be so very boring if everyone is the same.

5 Likes

“We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people,” Anheuser-Busch said in a statement. “We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer.”

“We’re very sorry we upset the Nazis and would encourage you to go have a drink with them” is not the positive message they think it is.

11 Likes

Shit, that was in Topeka?

1 Like

Conservatives are welcome to introduce or support anti-trust laws at any point, if this starts getting them thinking about the political risks of corporate monopolies.

6 Likes

EVEN MORE AMAZING:

It’s always projection. It’s AAAALWAYS projection!

4 Likes

I was going with Topeka, Kansas because it looks like their uniform. TIL there is a Topeka, Indiana. :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

Plus, those 20% are generally younger and more likely to be available as customers for the long haul. My generation and older are ageing out of the marketplace.

2 Likes

wonder what he was projecting waving his goddamn junk at a kid?!

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

4 Likes

Are they… saluting the beer that was smashed?

2 Likes

Seth Meyers Idk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

2 Likes

Indeed…

:man_shrugging:

7 Likes