MAGA lets their stupid show as they cry that Bud Light is somehow "woke" (video)

Originally published at: MAGA lets their stupid show as they cry that Bud Light is somehow "woke" (video) | Boing Boing

8 Likes

For people who go on and on about the importance of unregulated capitalist markets, MAGAts have no idea how they work in reality.

35 Likes

Woke means piss in MAGA language doesn’t it?

7 Likes

Well articulated.

Speaking of asinine meltdowns, I hope there’s more vigorous highlighting of the fact that tough guy kid rock (I still cringe at how stupid that name is) had a 2nd shooter off camera to the right in his moronic video. You can see the flashes and water impacted behind the target. When you see it you can’t unsee it.

16 Likes

Dang, now I almost feel bad for hating Bud Light all these years just because it’s terrible beer.

It’s been asserted, convincingly, that “woke” to the right-wingers mostly just means non-white, non-cis/het, sometimes non-Christian and non-male, or, as in this case, simply associated with any of these. Because directly demonizing i.e. Black/trans/Jewish/female people is too obviously bigoted,so you need a substitute word to use instead.

10 Likes

In other words, you’re outnumbered, assholes.

20 Likes

Outnumbered and scared. It’s the core of their worldview and I’m just vindictive enough to savor their fear.

16 Likes

There is no better snapshot of where public sentiment was five years ago than corporate marketing campaigns.

Sorry MAGA snowflakes- if a brand is supporting something, that means it went very very mainstream a long long time ago. You are a tiny obnoxious minority that the press continues to give platforms to for unclear reasons.

24 Likes

I think that in general their contention is that they are ACTUALLY a majority, but that those crafty liberals have managed to seize control of the media high ground to control the narrative. Back in the day, that is why they styled themselves as the “silent majority.”

12 Likes

They still haven’t grasped that buying something so that you can destroy it as a protest is not a boycott.

8 Likes

Conservatives have a new beer now.

8 Likes

And sooner or later, someone is going to do that specularly wrong, and there will be video.

4 Likes

I’m assuming it tastes like fear, loathing and regret. Hard pass.

14 Likes

That’s satire, right? I’m afraid to click on it. But, this has to be satire.

10 Likes

And, finally, if you are thinking of making the switch … it’s going to cost you. The company’s site says it ships to 42 states, and Pennsylvania is one of them, so you are in luck there. But the cost of a six-pack is $19.99 and that is before shipping. Toss in the shipping, and you are going to be paying a little more than $33 for a six-pack to be delivered to Harrisburg.

Weathers might have crushed that Bud Light can, and the initial social media splash for him Wednesday looks like a home run, but that price-point for a sixer with an ABV of 4% feels like it is probably going to be a swing and miss in the end.

8 Likes

Ah, so it’s someone who is, um, hopping onto the grift wagon. I’m barley surprised.

23 Likes

You just hopped right on that pun, didn’t you?

12 Likes

I was guessing that the Black Rifle coffee folks would jump in with the first fully conservabeer. But there’s always Yuengling for the folks who want their beer flavored with MAGA.

6 Likes

I always read that as false bravado. I assumed they knew they were on the decline since the Reagan days at least and their “silent majority” was a way to whistle past what they thought would be their graveyard.

ETA: when I say “they,” I’m talking about the conservative talking heads and party leaders. I think the average conservative voter probably does believe that they outnumber the libs, while the movers and shakers have to know they’re in the minority.

8 Likes

I didn’t notice any backlash when Budweiser did this last year…

8 Likes