A panicked Kid Rock shoots up Bud Light with an AR-style rifle to prove his MAGA membership

Originally published at: A panicked Kid Rock shoots up Bud Light with an AR-style rifle to prove his MAGA membership | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I hate being that pedant (not really) but I think you mean abstain, not sustain :slight_smile:

14 Likes

The problem for them is that virtually every major beer company, including Molson Coors and Constellation Brands (maker of Corona and Modelo), Heinekin and others have multiple programs that also support the LGBTQ+ communities.

And of course the “free” market fundamentalism these types mindlessly extol (alongside their bigotry and ammosexuality) has led to all major beer brands being owned by two massive corporations.

19 Likes

So he’s trying to cancel Bud Light? :thinking:

24 Likes

Be the pedantry you want to see in the world! :smile:

12 Likes

I read the headline and was expecting a picture of kid rock injecting bud light into his arm while clutching an AR.

22 Likes

kidrok

42 Likes

Also every major microbrew is also now owned by one of the big beer companies. The only way to escape them are hyper-local brewpubs, but those are where the trans and woke people are drinking because the beer is good, so that doesn’t work either.

Won’t someone please think of the Nazis?

27 Likes

I grew up in Rochester, which is one of the far north suburbs. Kid Rock grew up in Romeo, which was 15-20 minutes to the north (and a bit to the east). And which we thought was the sticks.

Sadly, though, I suspect Kid Rock can find a craft beer producer who caters to the MAGA crowd.

5 Likes

It’s a bit disappointing but not as disappointing that there is still a Kid Rock to be unsurprisingly disappointed in.

22 Likes

Stick with Koolaid, idiot–much safer for you, and everyone else, than woke beer.

3 Likes

Kool-Aid is owned by Kraft-Heinz. Another company in trouble with the right for being “too woke”.

10 Likes

He does not appear to be a very good shot, there’s still two 12 packs standing.

5 Likes

Who owns flavorade?

6 Likes
7 Likes

This. I hate hearing the beginnings of one of my favorite songs but having to be poised next to the change station button, counting bars.

5 Likes

Damn, now I have to drink Bud Light.

As an aside:

I must shamefully, shamefully admit that Kid Rock was the first artist I ever actually paid money to go see - this would have been 1993 at St. Andrew’s Hall. My band and I kind of went ironically but kind of not. We all thought he was corny, but we all liked The Polyfuze Method and hadn’t yet put two-and-two together to realize that it was just a poor man’s copy of Paul’s Boutique. Plus Grit’s Sandwiches for Breakfast had been a Camp Dearborn staple a few years before. He also signed my guitar during a meet-and-greet at Scanlan Discount Music, but I covered that up with a Skolars sticker sometime in like 96 or 97 I guess.

And yes, shout out to my fellow 313s if you’re nodding at the references.

Once upon a time, KR seemed almost sort of vaguely progressive? Like, that’s probably not the word for it, but he was at least enthusiastic about Detroit at a time when everyone was shitting on it. Then Bawitdaba was such a breakout hit with Macomb County whites that he started skewing towards a whole (completely and entirely fabricated) trailer park aesthetic. Rumor has it that part of that move was that he got no respect in Detroit’s established hip-hop community and so he got all sour grapes about it, thus his racist reactionary turn.

Anyway, that’s what I have to say about Kid Rock not that anyone asked. Ironically I live in Miami now, not too terribly far from Mar-A-Lago, so it seems like I just can’t avoid this maga chud asshat no matter where I go…

10 Likes

Also that’s not an AR, it’s an MP5 or some variation thereof.

7 Likes

This is what is swinging the needle on LGBTQ support among corporate types. I would love to say it is “woke-ness”, but it is pure capitalism. The number of potential customers alienated by pro-LGBTQ positions is a small fraction of the number who would be alienated by anti-LGBTQ statements. Pure and simple.

19 Likes

At one point he was dumb fun, a false marketed persona, but dumb fun. And now he’s just giant dick.

10 Likes