"Anti-woke" Bud Light knockoff is $35 for a six-pack

Originally published at: "Anti-woke" Bud Light knockoff is $35 for a six-pack | Boing Boing

6 Likes

should I avoid drinking Goose Island IPA, then?

7 Likes

Without having tasted it, I’m going to hazard a guess that it’s extremely bitter.

13 Likes

What I love about this whole thing is that Bud Light has made zero effort to appease these clowns. They are such a pathetic minority that a corporation can’t even be bothered to market to them.

30 Likes

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of MAGA cultists.

20 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think this is a good grift. Having to produce an actual physical product… and something that needs to be well-packaged, and conform to regulations… so much work, and so expensive. Even at these ridiculous prices, the margins would be tiny.

Just sell “Virtual Trump Coins”. Or memberships to the “Warriors Against Wokeness Society”.

Having to make a real-world product is a weak-ass grift. I mean, can you drop ship beer?

16 Likes

Here’s hoping this is secretly expired beer that’s been sitting forgotten in a warehouse for a few decades.

11 Likes

Between this and remembering what UT was like in the early 90s, I’m reminded of this 1990 SNL clip.

(It was funnier, then, because they originally used the guitar riff from Van Halen’s “Beautiful Girls” in the soundtrack.)

11 Likes

If it featured a starburst showing “Now With Libs Tears!” I might pay that much.

2 Likes

If you know which restroom to use,

Conservatives:

labyrinth urinating GIF

10 Likes

If this guy intends to send out beer from Illinois he’s about to get a lesson in Illinois’ onerous distribution laws. Have fun asshole!

BTW, lets not jump to conclusions about Goose Island. There are lots of brewing facilities in Illinois. Like these assholes!

https://guncraftbeer.com/

Remember, conservative nutjobbery is not constrained to one part of the country.

25 Likes

Given the very high percentage of Bud Light litter on the side of the roads in rural America, I’m not sure what these guys are complaining about.

6 Likes

And with all that salt this guy won’t need to add any:

3 Likes

Yes, but not for reasons of wokeness.

More because AB InBev is the borg of the beer world- assimilate, move to macro production, play to “craft” beer bonfides, rinse, repeat.

They are horrible for a bunch of other reasons, but that’s a good one IMO.

8 Likes

I can’t be the only one who read that ad copy as “100% woke: free American beer”?

11 Likes

Ultra Right Beer says it will ship its ‘woke-free’ beer straight to you. That’s illegal in Illinois.

among the article’s revelations:

A website for the beer says it is brewed and canned in northern Illinois and is expected to ship May 11. The website is taking orders for $19.99 six-packs of the beer. However, it is illegal for Illinois breweries to sell beer directly to consumers.

It is unclear which brewery is making the beer, the full name of which is Conservative Dad’s Ultra Right 100% Woke Free American Beer. Of Illinois’ nearly 300 craft breweries, 220 of them are members of the guild. Stout said that as far as he can tell, none of the guild members are brewing it.
“People think this is kind of a hoax,” Stout said. “There’s nothing pointing to it being real.”

16 Likes

One could procure a respectable rye whiskey for that price, but it’s okay if they can’t handle hard liquor, no judgement.

4 Likes

It would be kind of funny if the makers of Bud Light were also making this. Not surprising, but funny.

Remember Colonel Tom Parker sold not only I <3 ELVIS merch, but also I HATE ELVIS merch.

16 Likes

I assume that these are the same people (figuratively if not literally) that made fun of Billy Beer.

Which, frankly, they were right to make fun of since it was a transparent cash in.

Just like this

6 Likes

100% made in America in Northern Illinois.

That’s “free” as in “speech”; not as in “beer”, right? :smile:

18 Likes