"Anti-woke" Bud Light knockoff is $35 for a six-pack

Man, hate is a real grift…

Well, so far… let’s hope they stay the course and don’t do that…

Suck It Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Go raibh maith agat!

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

13 Likes

Goose Island makes plenty of good stuff! And I frankly couldn’t blame them (if it were them) for, ya know, participating in capitalism by offering custom beer labels like this.

I’m not sure how many craft breweries would have capacity to turn over all their tanks this quickly.

5 Likes

At the same time…rule of goats (if it is them)

6 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Gun Craft Beer in Lake Barrington.

13 Likes

“Drink anti-woke, go broke!”

7 Likes

Oh…oh WOW.

14 Likes

Yep, as cited above. They really are a dreadful mob.

12 Likes

I would guess it’ll taste like melted snowflakes and salty tears.

8 Likes

This is either real or someone’s taking the piss out of us.
And putting it in a can.

10 Likes

“I don’t mind gay people; I just wish they wouldn’t make it their whole personality!”
** takes a sip of niche targeted political identity beer

16 Likes

Isn’t the M4 famously short, 5.5 inches shorter than the m16?

6 Likes

I was 12 years old when I saw that movie. My parents let me rent it for my birthday sleepover and it scarred me (in a good way) forever.

street trash horror GIF by absurdnoise

5 Likes

The latest right wing script was to blame a slight 7 day stock price downturn (from a 52 week high) for BUD to the “campaign of anti wokeness”.

Yesterday the stock surged and it’s up again today. Bigots have little understanding of correlations or causations.

12 Likes
  1. Welcome to BoingBoing
  2. Good call.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

7 Likes

Right… an IPA, basically a tribute to the British Empire.

13 Likes

Four words too long.

8 Likes

Happy I Like It GIF

5 Likes

Yeah but it makes for really good headlines if you can “Anheuser-Busch loses $5B in stock valuation this week” and not be explicitly lying about it, even if you are ignore the context of how that’s a whopping 4% of their total market cap. I mean…

They ain’t exactly hurting! They started the year around $60 per share, peaked at $66.73 at the end of March, dipped down to $63.38 on Wednesday, and already bounced back up to $64.50.

(Although now that I’m looking at their MarketWatch charts, I’m fascinated by some of the other, much more significant drops the company has suffered in recent years — from $126.77 on Oct. 10, 2016 to $101.39 on Nov. 21, 2016. Or $71.6 on Feb. 10, 2020 down to $44.29 on March 2, 2020)

8 Likes

I assumed he was buying Old Milwaukee and just slapping new labels on the cans.

That would be a good grift. Even better? Offer to take donations of that woke Bud Light, say it will be properly destroyed, slap the new labels on, and resell.

12 Likes

invented circa 1820 for shipment to India, long past the revolution.

I guess it is analogous to Madiera, which for a time was a quintessentially American wine. Ironically, the IPA was a replacement for Porter, which feels much more evocative of the American revolution. I like a good porter, but if pressed would probably confuse it for stout.

9 Likes