"Anti-woke" Bud Light knockoff is $35 for a six-pack

Reasonably so: the “stout” style got its name by way of “stout porter” (“stout” originally being an adjective which could be applied to a particularly strong beer of any style). These days stouts and porters seem to overlap quite a bit in strength, so I am not really sure what the difference between the two categories is, though I’d guess the meanings of both terms have shifted somewhat since “stout” split off into its own style.

I find it kinda amusing that IPAs now focus on fresh hop flavors and often come with an admonishment to drink them within a month of canning and keep them refrigerated: the whole point of all those hops was originally to keep the beer from spoiling on the long ocean journey to India, wasn’t it?

17 Likes

Aw snap, I bet it’s in 8 oz. cans, that would be sweet.

What Canadian product do you think it’ll be? Malt duck?

2 Likes

That was my first thought. As obviously this guy wasn’t starting a new brewery from scratch for this. I assume someone like Bud Light has a sales channel that allows you to buy in bulk in custom cans that look like whatever you want. It would be completely on brand for this to be an order like that with mark up.

The only question is, what’s the minimum order for something like this?

Side note: I love all the videos of people destroying stuff they already bought to show it to the manufacturer. They are even more fun when they buy something specifically to destroy it.

6 Likes

Typical small commercial breweries will brew in 15 barrel batches which is about 1750 liters. At two liters per six-pack that yields 875 six packs, roughly. Two large pallets.

8 Likes

Mostly, this is a collection of typos and grammatical errors

2 Likes

From my understanding as an amateur brewer: porter’s a subset of stout. Kind of like confusing amontillado for sherry :wink:

5 Likes

I have my doubts,and I was silly enough to pay the full Amontillado price without consulting you in the matter. You were not to be found, and I was fearful of losing a bargain.

4 Likes

Its the other way round. Porters came first and were on the lighter side of ABV. Later higher alcohol variants were made and called stouts, or even extra stouts.

5 Likes

I tried to get a cask of it from a dealer named Montressor. I ended up drunk, tied up and bricked up behind a wall.

Got better.

9 Likes

And now Guinness Stout is 4.2 abv and 125 calories for 12 oz. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I was about to make a joke in that same wheelhouse, but yours was better so I’m glad you got here first. :smile:

1 Like

Imperial Stout goes as high as 9% alcohol. It’s actually rather delicious taken in moderation.

1 Like

Ha ha, I’ve got several 15% barrel aged imperials in my fridge, and they go even higher. I like the story behind imperial stouts, supposedly they were originally made for the last Tzaress of Russia, around 80% was casked up and sent directly to her cellars…

Pity I don’t really like imperial stouts I suppose.

1 Like

Im fully aware. The only point i was making was that stouts got named as being higher ABV versions of porters.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.