Budweiser boycott-supporting congressidiot Dan Crenshaw doesn't realize he's showing off a refrigerator stocked with Bud's parent company's products (video)

Originally published at: Budweiser boycott-supporting congressidiot Dan Crenshaw doesn't realize he's showing off a refrigerator stocked with Bud's parent company's products (video) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

40 Likes

Who needs accuracy when you’re conservating so hard? :man_shrugging:

26 Likes

Someone needs to buy a few cases of Budweiser, stock their fridge, then make a video of throwing it all out. Then encourage others to do the same. That’s how you do a boycott!

37 Likes

Conservatives: “‘Cancel culture’ is a cancer. Just because someone is a racist doesn’t mean you get to choose to not buy their things!”
Company: “We did a promo with a trans person, once.”
Conservatives: “That’s it, you’re canceled.”

45 Likes

How to be a moron and also show that you’re a douchey beer snob at the same time.

10 Likes

As usual Dan Crenshaw’s overall vision lacks depth.

28 Likes

while wearing a shirt from his university, which has an lgbt center almost as old as he is: LGBT Center | Student Life

24 Likes

Daaamn! See, that was the sick burn that Crenshaw thought his video was.

9 Likes

Other beers in the fridge include Dos Equis (owned by Heineken NV, regular supporter of LGBT / pride)
Topo Chico hard seltzer, made by Molson Coors in the US for the Coke Company, both of which are big sponsors of pride.
Crush City IPA by Buffalo Bayou Brewing, which isn’t owned by a major brewer, but says here Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company - Houston's Most Creative Brewery. that they intend to be the most diverse and basically woke brewery in Houston, as a response to siding with BLM against the George Floyd Shooting (and Houston’s official response to protests of it)

So yeah. Danny boy here has a bunch of woke beer going on in there, and the wokest beer in Houston.

29 Likes

You need a very long list to keep track of what AB InBev owns:

15 Likes

I still haven’t quite figured out what set them off. Was it just Dylan Mulvaney’s custom cans? Because, wow. They got millions of dollars in advertising for the price of a custom 12 pack.

Some of the memes I’ve seen were last years cans during Pride month.

Oh - you don’t want your beer to support Pride month? I got some bad news for you - pretty much all of the national brands of beer have rainbow logos during Pride month. Wish I could find the image I saw the other day, but I am sure you can find them.

11 Likes

They caught the car with Roe getting overturned, and then they started workshopping new grifts/hate campaigns to get the vote. Attacking Trans people as “groomers” worked, so that’s where the money and such is going now.

9 Likes

Don’t forget to spray it with ammo!

6 Likes

When you’re busy trying to pass over 470 anti transgender bills across the country- your motivation seems pretty clear.

18 Likes

OH I understand the current othering and hysteria over trans people. It’s just Bud Light specifically - it seems to be a combined outrage over Dylan Mulvaney (who I know Matt Walsh has targeted) and last years Pride cans.

I think the Dylan Mulvaney promotion is what set them off, but in their demonizing of the brand they are including anything they have done to promote their product to LGBTQ+ people.

7 Likes

Admire your detail. Lots of alcohol rage disposal reported today … and me without my mug.

2 Likes

Despite the fact that the beer in question is crap, this really deserves pop-up mob challenges of liberals with Bud cans yelling “Cheers to you, snowflakes!”

12 Likes

the wonderful thing about dan’s video is that whether he was going for serious or comedy, it didn’t land! that ain’t easy.

7 Likes

Can we substitute with other InBev-owned beer, please? Bud and Bud Light give me a headache, but Leinenkugel doesn’t.

9 Likes