Besides Bud Light, what else is fratty?

Originally published at: Besides Bud Light, what else is fratty? | Boing Boing

1 Like

Any light beer at all?

Yes… Ha Ha Ha… Yes!

9 Likes

“Why was the brand Bud Light in decline?” Because younger folks discoved it is a nasty beer.

13 Likes

Racism and Misogyny?

5 Likes

Yeah, a “brand” is in decline because taste for the product has moved on. Let’s fix the advertising and keep the same shitty product nobody wants.

Note to marketing people: most of us don’t buy “brands”, we buy things. Reification is often a tell tale flaw in how humans view the world. We look at the map, not out the window.

And it’s how marketing and religious people operate.

8 Likes

what the actual fuck was this article?

3 Likes

I dunno. There’s been a rise in light beer in the craft beer world and I’m kinda loving it. It’s a welcome change of pace from all the high alcohol IPAs, etc., that have dominated the scene for a while now.

13 Likes

An overview of the diversified Bud Light fracas, and a segue from the word fratty into an invitation to ponder that concept and provide more examples. :woman_shrugging:

18 Likes

Well, that’s just a factual interpretation designed to help people.

14 Likes

As a fan of lagers, and with a strong dislike of bitter beer, I also appreciate lighter craft beers. I usually have Short’s (Michigan) Local’s Light on hand.

10 Likes

Yep, not an actual fuck, a factual fuck!

11 Likes

I’m just shocked at how long it took someone to notice that budweiser sponsored LGBT stuff. Any gay person who’s been to a gay bar for the last - well at least 20 years, as long as I’ve been going to them occasionally - has encountered the 2 dollar bud lite special. Do you think the bar is just being nice and selling it at cost or something?

8 Likes

Michelob Ultra is the beer I see most often in the hands of frat guys, in the frat stalls at tailgating parties, and discarded around frat house lawns. Bud Light, rarely.

7 Likes

Ah I hadn’t considered that. I was meaning Miller Lite, Coors Light, Natty Light, Keystone Light,…

4 Likes

Red Solo cups.

12 Likes

right? they have been working hard to make inroads with the community for a loooong time.

2 Likes

Sessionable is a great keyword instead of ‘light’.

3 Likes

Ok, so that site is remarkably similar to the Forward Observations Group someone posted in a Ukraine-adjacent thread recently that sent me down a deeply unsatisfying rabbit hole. Are these guys for real or cosplaying soldiers and douchebags with a touch of Boogaloo nonsense that tolerates the intolerable without directly advocating for it? An irreverent mercenary force composed of Bush-era Warhawk true believers or just merchandising trollies?

Why not both? (but seriously, if there is any insight anyone can share, I’m intrigued)

1 Like

Bud light, so factual uck.

1 Like

My son always seemed to have Blue Moon in his dorm.

1 Like