Besides Bud Light, what else is fratty?

Is a “dorm” a “frat”?

well, the dorm was in a frathouse, so yes?

1 Like

Oh I See GIF by Silicon Valley

4 Likes

From the one frat party I was somehow convinced to attend with some female friends, I’d say that a dead-eyed, predatory gaze when a woman walks in the room is fratty.

ETA: Oh, and hazing.

5 Likes

Well, not all dorms are Frats, and not all Frats have dorms, so I could see the confusion.

I was in a dorm for a year. It was segregated mainly by sports. Bottom floor was football and some basketball, 2nd floor was basketball and other sports like track, third floor were the losers just going for an education. Ha! Nerds.

7 Likes

“I’m a businesswoman, I had a really clear job to do when I took over Bud Light, and it was 'This brand is in decline, it’s been in a decline for a really long time, and if we do not attract young drinkers to come and drink this brand there will be no future for Bud Light,” Heinerscheid said.

Classic Film Reaction GIF

Okay, I guess I’ll miss Spuds Mackenzie a little bit.

6 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

Is that when two librarians do it? Seems the opposite of Fratty…

Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

Moi8Rpr

:grimacing:

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

Also… is Colin Jost’s whole image fratty? :thinking:

Especially that!

Tired Futurama GIF

5 Likes

Spuds Mackenzie reminded me to drink responsibly. /s

4 Likes

the original designated driver!

5 Likes

Ack, did that sound bad? I’m sorry. I was trying to succinctly say that my friends were women and I was not. I had never seen that look directed at anyone in real life before. It creeped me out and frightened me, and I wasn’t even the recipient.

6 Likes

Same. I was happy to see more brewers putting out lagers and pilsners and even happier to see the lighter offerings pop up.

Sometimes beers with that label are too hoppy for my tastes, at least in the craft beer world.

4 Likes

No, just joking… any time anyone uses “female” with regards to women, they get the Quark! It’s…

Fiddler On The Roof Broadway GIF by GREAT PERFORMANCES | PBS

I wish more dudes saw this, honestly…

12 Likes

Well, I’m going to try to not get Quarked in the future. I was just reading this to help me understand/internalize:

That, or no one had to.

7 Likes

star trek rom GIF

Poor quark! No one loves him!

:grimacing: :wink:

Honestly, if more dudes saw stuff like this and noticed it, instead of ignoring it or believing it to be normal, it would be far less common, I think.

8 Likes

True. But…
10 Types Of Appalachian State University Students - Society19

8 Likes

And just like that, we’re back on topic! :smiley:

9 Likes

I don’t know what I expected dot gif

well played

1 Like

It used to be that you would have to go to a gay bar or read a gay periodical to encounter the Budweiser rainbow-washing ad blitz. If you never went there, you had no idea. But then the reach of social media broke that model.

2 Likes

doesn’t natural light have a bit of a reputation?

awful stuff.

1 Like

Fratty things:

1. Baseball caps in ‘rally cap’ style (inside out and backwards)
  2. Malibu rum
  3. Red solo cups as mentioned already
  4. Tubs of creatine
  5. Ramen
2 Likes