Besides Bud Light, what else is fratty?

Using token acts of philanthropy to justify the existence of an organization that is harmful to its community is fratty. And good preparation for a future in corporate leadership.

3 Likes

Which reminds me: learning how to think of your “friends” as potentially useful in the future is also very fratty.

4 Likes

That’s definitely part of the sales pitch. And recycling homework. I guess plagiarism is fratty?

2 Likes

Pretty much. I remember hearing about “the files,” especially useful for profs who never changed assignments or exam questions.

3 Likes

Arrogant rich boys selfishly reaching for social signifiers of superiority and manhood while having no clue what that is. The hollow search for someone else’s idea of who you should be. A system whereby they first deminish themselves and then cling to the notion that deminishing those that follow proves their worth. Mostly rich, self-indulgent, racist, misogynist pricks getting drunk and trying to convince themselves that paying to be in a group that can exclude others makes them better than anyone out of the group
That’s what I consider fratty

Disclaimer: I lived on frat row for 2 years of college

3 Likes

More important question…what beer is most FARTY?

4 Likes

Asking such a question seems fratty.

7 Likes

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

5 Likes

I wasn’t in a fraternity but I had an apartment in the middle of a fratty neighborhood. I had a lengthy post in progress, & then figured it’d be easier to just link to this:

Turns out Jon Hamm was the clawhammer perpetrator… that happened a block or 2 from me.

There’s my lasting impression of frattiness. I gather most schools don’t have Greek life like that but, in hindsight, that neighborhood in 1990-1991 turned out to be some kind of preview of America in the future.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.