The 11 stereotypical roles offered to Black men in Hollywood

South Park nailed it with “token”. Alas, they don’t usually achieve more than snark and derision.

1 Like

“I can’t believe he’s not white” is a classic character!

3 Likes

That man should be living in a house made out of Oscar statues.

2 Likes

In a job that will remain unnamed, I worked in a team of about 35 people. There was one black guy that worked in the team. His surname was Token.

It was unfortunate, although actually a little funny because it was actually otherwise a very diverse crew of people.

1 Like

This should be “The 11 stereotypical roles offered to Black men in Hollywood unless they’re Will Smith or Samuel L Jackson”.

Racism.

8 Likes

deep-voiced aliens (under very heavy makeup).

12 Likes

Yes but the response to this is truly disheartening, even for youtube

1 Like

Outside of Boing Boing, never read the comments; it will only disappoint you.

9 Likes

What Melizmatic said.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Will Smith is really the one A-list black actor who gets to play whatever the heck he wants in big-budget movies instead of just being a supporting character.

Samuel L. Jackson basically just gets the same role over and over but everyone loves him as-is so it’s all good. (They did have to edit out most of the “MotherF***ers” he dropped while recording his dialogue for The Incredibles though.)

4 Likes

If aliens are keeping track of us, I feel like this will probably be our epitaph.

4 Likes

Where. Is. My. Mr. Fn. Super. Suit.

6 Likes

Have you noticed who got elected in Nov? Overt racism is back.

5 Likes

They also forgot “the fatsuit”, “the crossdress”, and “the fatsuit-crossdress”.

1 Like

The QUINTUPLE FATSUIT CROSSDRESS.

2 Likes

I assume they also missed the whiteface crossdress:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.