The 20 games you shouldn't miss in 2016

Did you try beglitched?

It’s a departure from firewatch, but only shares the “there’s a deeper story than the surface” thing.

Try Oxenfree.

1 Like

YES!

How did I forget Oxenfree. This is perfect for a firewatch fan and a great game.

I keep forgetting that it came out in 2016.

Not a fan of those kinds of games, narrative or no - but I took your and agies’ Oxenfree recommendation, thank you!

@agies @emo_pinata

That was just lovely!

Any other recommendations? I’d pretty much abandoned games awhile back, but these two have been fine experiences.

It’s a couple of years old and probably plays best with a controller but Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons is one of my favorite games in a very long time.

1 Like

If you like 2D arcade beat 'me ups ICEY combines a satisfying generic arcade game with upgrades and an exploration into a much bigger topic. It’s hard to explain without giving stuff away.

Superhot was another that was very fun action combined with a strange story, but it is much more gameplay focused.

I don’t like a lot of narrative games, but firewatch and oxenfree are just so stellar making their peers it’s hard to think of others.

If you’re looking for a puzzle-y exploration game, it’s hard to go wrong with Obduction. It’s a gorgeous new game from the guys that made Myst and Riven.

I’ve been up until 2a playing Stardew Valley. I thought it was going to be boring after a short time, but it hooked me like no other.

Ooh, tomorrow the corn will be ripe, and I’ll be able to afford that bigger coop! Ducks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.