The 2010 election was the most important one in American history

John Galt.

2 Likes

It wouldnā€™t happen. Hillary is a shrewd politician - how does adding a white man from the northeast help her electability and likability issues in October?

I think sheā€™s going to pick a younger minority, most likely from the south, that will help her solidify support from the base in the general election and win back some, but not all of the Bernie voters. Bookerā€™s got too many skeletons in his closet to be chosen.

Potentially she could also choose someone more ā€œcentristā€ than her on the political spectrum to pick up some of the moderate Rs that wonā€™t vote for Trump or Cruz but that donā€™t yet have the Hillary-rage of the far right.

Iā€™m a Bernie supporter, but I gotta wonder whoā€™d heā€™d pick as his choice given the same calculus. A Bernie/Warren team would be my dream ticket, but reality says that ainā€™t gonna happen either.

3 Likes

I doubt it. Trump has the Palin vote already. He needs others. The logical thing for Trump to do would be to have a black running mate - and not Carson. He probably wishes Obama was available.

2 Likes

Slight hyperbole in the headline, the election of 1860 triggered the Civil War which was pretty important.

3 Likes

Seems Chris Christie may be vying for VP with his recent lap-dog routine.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Heā€™d almost definitely pick someone black, and someone with some ā€œestablishmentā€ cred.

Hilary will need to pick someone with some ā€œpopulistā€ cred.

Clinton/Warren 2016? :wink:

1 Like

Well, living in a blue state (and I donā€™t mean my dour temperament) thereā€™s not much I can do. I voted in 2010, like I do in every election, but my congress-folk arenā€™t the ones causing DC partisan gridlock.

1 Like

Who Would Hillary Clintonā€™s Vice President Be?

I like many of those names! Bidenā€™s been kind of a nonentity, and a lot of these folks are doing better work in their current role than they could as VP, but some of these matchups are rather heartwarming.

I can agree with the sentiment that some of these folks may be doing better work at their current positions than they would as VP. When Obama made Napolitano the head of DHS, he took away Arizonaā€™s Democratic governor and gave the capital completely to the Republicans. That move helped ushered in the most recent era of Arizona political BS. Large negative consequences for those of us that live here. Thanks Obama!

3 Likes

Everyone keeps forgetting that itā€™s far more likely that Clinton will pick someone more conservative than her (or more progressive) and from a different part of the country. Who that would be, Iā€™m not sure, but most of the folks suggested, from Sanders to Booker, are from the north east. Itā€™s unlikely sheā€™d pick someone from her same region.

1 Like

Bill did.

Ah, thatā€™s true. I always forget that Gore is from my state neighbor to the Northā€¦

But if two Southern Dems are running they would have support in the North. While two Northern Dems running would have a hard time in the South.

1 Like

I donā€™t think she will, though.

I say itā€™s about time there was a PNWerner on the ticket.

Perhaps?

Thatā€™s a good point, too.

Julian Castro. Hispanic, young, and from Texas.

1 Like

Heā€™s on that list that someone linked too. He seems like a good VP for her and it would put him in a position to run later.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.