The 60s BATMAN theme song but they only say "man"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/07/24/the-60s-batman-theme-song-but-they-only-say-man.html

2 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

A far far more subtlety highbrow mutation of this iconic theme would be to level all the awesome powers of ‘A.I.’ and acoustical sampling and replace it with the “Butt-man” version we used to sing during third grade recess. (extra credit if rick santorum is somehow jammed in sidewise)

2 Likes

Good question. Excuse to repost this?

21 Likes

OMG, that is simultaneously cute, dark, and awesome.

13 Likes

Due to copyright constraints, they don’t say anything here in Mexico. That’s okay. I watched it enough as a kid I can imagine it in my head.

8 Likes

Clipping out the half second where the word “bat” is said breaks the rhythm of the song. I was hoping for a true audio edit.

3 Likes

‘Na-na-na-na-na-nuh; MAN, MAN!

I didn’t bother to watch it, even though I do have the ability; like you said, I can already hear it in my head without having to actually experience it firsthand…

6 Likes

its-all-in-my-head-chicken-run-1

7 Likes

BDP__Batmen Disco

7 Likes

Because we were all really yearning to see this meme you posted. It is just simply not posted often enough.

1 Like

Gotta jam that Santorum in slantwise.

2 Likes

BDP__04__Batman_Robin_running

BDP__05__Gordon

BDP__06__Batman

BDP__07__Robin

BDP__08__Batgirl

10 Likes

That’s fantastic! Thanks! Wonder if it was done with motion capture. Very realistic movement.

1 Like

What a total waste of the wondrous gift called the internet. Next they’ll be showing videos of naked people having sex

1 Like

My younger brother was utterly convinced, and no amount of reasoned discussion or implied violence could convince him otherwise, that they were singing “Bat Bat.” He came home every day to watch it, while eating a boiled hot dog, sliced into tiny slices, dipped into ketchup with a pickle fork.

7 Likes

Surely you know of the costumed hero, Batbat. A mild mannered bat who fights crime, while dressed as a …. Bat! Here he comes now in the Manmobile!

6 Likes

That is so cool! The look of desperate exhaustion on the face of the Ventriloquist is a great, dark touch.

Batman Dance Party: Behind the Scenes from Monster Truck Ninja on Vimeo

11 Likes