The Airbus 350 needs a hard reboot every 149 hours

Dude - I didn’t realized they released the audio from that until just the other day. It’s chilling.

Yes, the door was actually designed to have the pressure from the cabin help seal it - so it couldn’t ever just “blow out” into space. So gasses released from the fire lead to a rise in pressure in the cabin which would have made it impossible for them to pull off.

The NEW door afterwards is an engineering marvel.

I dunno…

Teitel says that NASA learned quite a bit from the incident.

4 Likes

This is why it is very important that your unit tests are slow, so that they take more than one hour and your bug gets found. /s

1 Like

4 Likes

Nobody likes turning off the AC in a mostly sealed aluminum tube sitting in direct sunlight.

I don’t think there is any airliner in service that can take off automatically. Cruise and land, yes, but not take off.

I think only satellites actually fly that long(missiles either have shorter range or take substantially less time than that to go from A to all possible Bs); but I don’t know how long they typically stay booted up. It’s not as though airliners fly 150-hour missions either; but sometimes don’t get shut down between flights.

If cruise missiles get booted up shortly before use they definitely don’t hit 150 hours; if they stay up the entire time they are in the VLS, chatting with the host system, they could easily have uptimes of months at a time.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.