The Airport Jacket is a suitcase you can wear

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/21/the-airport-jacket-is-a-suitca.html

5 Likes

I really can’t decide whether this is fail or win…

10 Likes

Isn’t that more of a satchel than a suitcase?

5 Likes

My New Year’s resolution for 2015 was not to post negative things on the internet. This seems like as good a time as any to get started with that.

11 Likes

What else is there to post on the Internet?

10 Likes

Certainly will keep the “back massager” accessible…

2 Likes

It doesn’t sound like such a bad idea, but then, I can’t watch the video at the moment.

Reminds me a little of this:

4 Likes

I’m sure this will be hugely popular among the TSA.

12 Likes

“Hi! I’m not entirely sane.”
“Nice to meet you, I’m the TSA agent who will be stripping you naked and inspecting areas you didn’t even know you had.”

Why, don’t they have suitcases like normal people?

10 Likes

COAT CHECK!

10 Likes

Not having any luggage will get you marked for a body search.

4 Likes

14 Likes

22 Likes

The jacket looks nice but loaded up full of stuff i can’t imagine it keeps the stylishness. You’d end up looking uncomfortable while wearing several pounds worth of luggage. but if this is useful for some people then why not.

The times i’ve had to fly recently i’ve traveled very very lightly. Everything in a regular sized backpack, though my trips have been for short periods of time so it’s easy for me to get away with hardly packing things.

2 Likes

You’d probably feel very smug about getting around the baggage fees…

Right up to where they required you to wear the (Jack-ggage? Coa-ggage? Lugg-ket? Lugg-oat?) for the duration of your flight to Japan. The lumps alone ought to ensure you arrive needing a wheelchair to leave the plane.

2 Likes

Wow. A Kickstarter project to copy an existing product; the Scottevest

https://www.scottevest.com/

Would you really invest in a kickstarter project where the people involved haven’t done even basic due diligence?

5 Likes

Reminds me of a Scott eVest, but taken to an even more ridiculous level

4 Likes

14 Likes

Jack-ggage? Coa-ggage? Lugg-ket? Lugg-oat?

Jack-pack?

1 Like

I have a Scottevest (don’t judge me, my girlfriend bought it for me). I don’t load it to capacity, but it is kind of nice to have pockets for lots of stuff that you might need access to. Only problem is I forget which of the 40 pockets things are in, and end up searching myself for things.

9 Likes