"The Alt-Right is Slandering My Father’s Beautiful Creation, Babar"

All hail Commodus Caestigula!

but a king has historically responsibility for the subjects. I think he sees his position more as CEO, able to hire and fire at will.

2 Likes

You are joking, but there are serious interpretations of Babar (which remember, was written when France had an active Empire) that interpet Babar’s attempts at modernizing (really more “Francifing”) his kingdom as a reflection of how the French saw “good” native rulers as ones who rejected their native culture in favor of France’s.

6 Likes

Babar became a parody of himself at least as early as 2002…

4 Likes

Relatedly, Netflix’s “A Very Secret Service” is a crazy comedy told from the vantage of a 1960’s French spy, and I’ve seen that line of humor reflected in the show:

The show is dark, hilarious, abrasive and strange. I’m certain I missed jokes because I don’t speak French and the more knowledge the viewer has of Cold War French history, the better the jokes land.

Damned hilarious show, IMHO.

You haven’t sweat until you’ve taken hot yoga for elephants!

3 Likes

7 Likes

That’s why I was brought up on Dr. Seuss.

I preferred Miffy when I was a child.

3 Likes

Apropos of nothing, “Babar’s Tusk”:

Looks like she’s part of target practice.

Run, Miffy! Run!

1 Like

There’s only one Emperor of the U.S., long may he reign. :blush:

10 Likes

All Hail Emperor Norton!

9 Likes

Not sure I get it. Is it a real thing and a fake parody rebuttal, or a real parody rebuttal for something that hasn’t happened but easily could?

1 Like

So Hailed! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Just a nice little satire joking about Pepe, alt-right/nazi/antisemitic memes (and the meme culture in general), GOP. Or maybe there are actually Babar memes spread by /pol/…

Aieee!

Makes the Sign Of The Miff (index fingers forming a cross, over the mouth)

Don’t do that without warning - some people Don’t Know.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.