The Amazing Digital Circus Episode 2 is a candy-coated existential crisis

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/06/the-amazing-digital-circus-episode-2-is-a-candy-coated-existential-crisis.html

3 Likes

Man, the kids eat this stuff up. The sheer degree to which Pomni et al get referenced back in all the YouTube creators is pretty huge, given one episode before now.

I had some vague understanding that part of the creative team had become Hugely Problematic, possibly due to horrible crunch time conditions or something. So I wasn’t really expecting another episode. Perhaps my vague understanding was mistaken.

It’s considerably more coherent than the first one, so that’s nice, but it seem it’s rather dependent on people being familiar with collision wackiness and the weird ways that models get stored off-map in some games, and there’s really nothing to establish that the world operates on those terms?

Or consider The Toast’s take.

I really enjoyed that. Looking forward to the next episode. It has Homestar runner vibes, but darker.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.