The Anti-Defamation League issues warnings about Musk's Twitter takeover

Bets on how many viable lawsuits are about to be filed against twitter?

Also, I am not tech savvy, but it seems to me that this fuckery is a huge opportunity for both competitors and for hackers.

19 Likes

And for other countries to mess with the elections. But techbros don’t believe in democracy anyway.

17 Likes

This is guaranteed.

11 Likes

Frankly, I am surprised there hasn’t been a DDOS attack… yet.

12 Likes

The free-speech absolutists want to present their view as protecting the ability to talk about controversially, complicated subject matter. A no-holds-barred marketplace of ideas.

In really most of them just want to be able to use slurs. :confused:

ETA - also - sweet Jesus. If there is a huge round of applause coming from actual Nazis because of some policy I was implementing, I would immediately reevaluate what the fuck I was doing.

18 Likes

That tells me you’re not a nazi.

Elon though :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

The A.D.L. said the antisemitic tweet campaign was hatched on 4chan, the fringe message board that is loosely moderated and where hate speech has thrived. On Thursday, an anonymous 4chan user posted instructions for sharing antisemitic content on Twitter after Mr. Musk’s takeover was made official. The post was circulated on Telegram, the chat app popular with the far right, according to the A.D.L.

“Now that Elon is taking over Twitter it’s time to finally put our skills to use,” read the post, which told users to argue with Jewish users and “like” tweets from other participants.

5 Likes

And then he’ll appoint himself as chairman of the oversight council with a casting vote.

Added Twitter to my Pi-hole’s blocklist this morning where it joins Facebook and Instagram, and my browser gets faster and nicer again.

5 Likes

You worry that this might be how Musk handles content moderation? Well, let me put your worries to rest: this is exactly how he will handle content moderation on Twitter now that he is in charge. Next up, get ready to welcome The Big Orange back with open arms.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.