Here's Musk's complete letter to Twitter's board chair offering to buy the company

Originally published at: Here's Musk's complete letter to Twitter's board chair offering to buy the company | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Rupert Murdoch thought the same thing about Myspace…

21 Likes

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

33 Likes

Feckless question to business schools (everywhere): Why is toxic immature narcissism (TIN?) a statistical advantage to becoming a stinking rich CEO, and (particularly), how can capitalism be regulated to change that? (“It can’t! You foolish @#$! proletariat dupe you! It’s narcissists or autocrats, take your pick!”) -sigh-

16 Likes

so lucky we are to have musk to save us all

6 Likes

So long freedom of speech, welcome censorship!

11 Likes

Probably a better question for a psychologist. My guess is, narcissists aren’t self aware and as a result, don’t have much self-doubt in their abilities or convictions. Self-doubt stops us regular folks from taking as many risks as we might otherwise.

10 Likes

phew. long time since he made that investment. a whole week? and now he decides it was the wrong plan?

that definitely sounds like a level headed decision maker to me. and now his attention’s off chasing this new shiny thing.

hmmm… maybe he should be focusing on self-driving ceos instead of cars :thinking:

8 Likes

I entirely fail to see how someone who thinks sharing blatant disinformation (refusing to cut off Russian disinfo sources on Starlink in Ukraine) equates to free speech while simultaneously firing employees who post about Tesla products that they use on their off-time is going to help free speech.

Maybe he’ll just make Twitter accept literally everything. Maybe he should first spend a few days working in the moderation department and see some of the horrors those poor people have to review every day before he decides that being a “free speech absolutist” is truly a great idea.

25 Likes

THIS!
The man-child is an utter fuckwit if he believes in absolute free speech.
I may visit one of his factories and shout FIRE!!!

14 Likes

I should start off by saying that I don’t think he will make a serious effort to buy Twitter. I think it’s more likely to be his usual efforts to manipulate the stock price while simultaneously getting more of the attention he craves. Although it’s certainly not impossible that he tries to go through with it; Musk doesn’t like to be told what to do, and Twitter seems to have done that.

Having said that, I’d love to see him buy it and to see Twitter (and his investment) go down in flames. I don’t think Musk is all that great a manager, and spreading his efforts out over multiple companies is going to leave it awfully thin. Given Musk’s reputation as a micromanager, that’s unlikely to work well.

15 Likes

I still haven’t forgiven Elon Musk for the fiasco called PayPal and their efforts to skirt banking laws while trying to pretend to be a bank.

10 Likes

On the contrary, I suspect we will be hearing about this (ostensible) effort for a while to come.

:arrow_up: Yeah, that…

8 Likes

That’s what I like about Elon, his humility - there’s no arrogance about him at all.

5 Likes

11 Likes

I invested in Twitter as I believe in its potential to be the platform for free speech around the globe, and I believe free speech is a societal imperative for a functioning democracy.

That’s going out the window as soon as the first Tweet badmouthing him after he takes over.

15 Likes

Unlike Bowie’s Man Who Sold the World, muskiness wants to buy it.

6 Likes

15 Likes

Yeah, well so did the Ark of the Covenant, and look what happened to the Nazis

Raiders Of The Lost Ark GIFs | Tenor

13 Likes