Here's Musk's complete letter to Twitter's board chair offering to buy the company

The more I hear about Elon Musk, the more he reminds me of Michael Jackson’s character in “Captain EO:”

My guess is that if you are capable of loving other human beings as much as you love yourself you won’t make the kind of life decisions that prioritize personal power and self-enrichment at all costs.

9 Likes

don’t discount the factor of being born stinking rich.

3 Likes

this is probably a pump-and-dump scheme. a hecto-billionaire toying with market like a child with blocks. the consequences of stacking them up wrong are essentially nothing, so why not?

(EDIT: centi->hecto)

5 Likes

Strong “I Alone can fix it” energy coming from another self-absorbed white guy.

BTW, does anyone know who I. Alone is or how to get in touch with her?

7 Likes
15 Likes

So sick of these fucking billionaires with their big fucking mouths. STFU and go back into the shadows where you belong!!

1 Like
2 Likes

Given his dislike of safety protocols doing that might save a few people’s lives, since there might very well be a fire.

5 Likes

I was going say “Elon might be miffed if you shouted FIRE, before he can (assuming there is no imminent fire danger…)”

1 Like

Not really a choice, you’ll usually get both anyway. At no extra cost!

4 Likes

He is not interested in free speech. He is interested in controlling the platform and failing that, in tanking it (although by controlling it he’d probably do both). When he says “free speech” you can be sure, based on his previous actions, that he means “all the speech I approve of”.

2 Likes

I think you are right about the pump and dump scheme. He as much as announced there that he is planning to dump his stock, which is worth a fair bit more than it was a week ago.

3 Likes

Elon Musk is not a free speech absolutist. He suppresses speech about unions.

8 Likes

Bullshit. If he really wanted a “free speech” platform he would take his billions and make his own. I’m sure he could recruit a plethora of skilled far right programmers from Twitter and other companies to make it happen.

He doesn’t want to buy Twitter, he wants to buy its user base and prestige.

6 Likes

… is 1% of a billionaire

100 billion is a hectobillion

Oh, not “civilization” again.

2 Likes

5 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.