The Art of Point-and-Click Adventure Games

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/24/the-art-of-point-and-click-adv.html

3 Likes

Sadly, a lost art. Now you’re going to make me all weepy over “Sam and Max Hit the Road”.

1 Like

(OK, Shadowgate may not be the best example.)

6 Likes

Simon The Sorcerer was my jam, same with Monkey Island and the King’s Quest and Space Quest series (and if you want to go one deeper into obscurity, Police Quest).

I also fondly remember one called Ice Man, it was hard as hell i never beat that though:c And during the advent of 3D + Full Motion Capture point and click games i was a massive fan of the Shivers 1 & 2 games.

1 Like

Space Quest I was the first real computer game I played. Looking back it probably made me the nerd I am today.

It’s always been Grim Fandango for me.

2 Likes

I did beat the original King’s Quest and Police Quest (looking back now, the words “Police” and “Quest” don’t really go together, do they?) when I was a little kid. Then I moved on to the Leisure Suit Larry series, which ended with a thud when I realized I wanted a real girlfriend instead of a computer gf.

2 Likes

I think Police Quest was pretty decent, think that would’ve been more successful had it incorporated more humor like in the Naked Gun movies or Police Squad.

1 Like

Monkey Island was frickin’ awesome. And Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Loved those games.

1 Like

4 Likes

I’ve had adventure games on my mind lately, and I stayed up last night watching this video exploring the history of graphic adventure games. It’s over an hour long, but absolutely captivating and engaging for how well it’s done. It’s about The Secret of Monkey Island specifically, but it covers the whole history before, after, and during it as well. I learned a lot beyond the great amount I already knew.

1 Like

Anyone else remember Tass Times in Tonetown. On Apple Iigs I thought the graphics were amazing.

1 Like

Never heard of it before, but looks cool!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.