The band Pinc Louds personifies the busking heart of New York City

Originally published at: The band Pinc Louds personifies the busking heart of New York City | Boing Boing

3 Likes

“The way you swing your hips, got me licking my lips”

Now, is this the type of music we want kids listening to? Yes, yes, YES!

5 Likes

Sia adjacent, and words I can’t make out are not changing that stuffed credential away.

2 Likes

Excellent, @dnealy! Thanks for sharing! I love the live looping… reminds me of the Tuneyards!

And with the Roots…

3 Likes

Okay… these kids rock…

1 Like

They’re awesome. If you ever head to New York, you have to see them live. It’s so much fun.

2 Likes

Me and my family have been thinking about doing that for a while now as we got family over in Jersey… spend some time with them, and then spend a few days in the city… Might do so one of these days if the pandemic really and finally subsides. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I discovered Tune-Yards from following Thao Nguyen - her video for Phenom caught my attention, and Tune-Yards soon started popping up on my Insta feed (didn’t realise they had been producers on some of Thao’s work).
Hypnotized and Hold Yourself had me proper obsessed - Merrill and Nate are so so talented.

Another band I’ve been following for the last couple of years is a UK group called Caro - was so pleased to be able to see them live last October as things opened up here. They released their debut album in the middle of one of our lockdowns in March '21 and couldn’t do any promo gigs or instores, so lead singer Adam recorded some solo, looping performances of a few of the tracks - the whole set is worth a watch but these two are particularly awesome:

Liking Pinc Louds as well!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.