The BBS Lounge

Thanks. I actually read a lot of the past discussion while basically living on the BBS over the last 48 hours. :slight_smile:

It’s part of why I generally agree that “unlimited” is the right choice. Since that conversation, we’ve seen a propagation of “likes” to most of the social services as well, most with no cap of any kind.

5 Likes

Hopefully that’s given you a clear sense of how tightly woven this community is. We have each other’s backs.

And because we feel so at home here, we willingly promote this site everywhere, both online and IRL. Raising the like cap especially meant that we felt heard and appreciated, and more of us started to spend more time here, which translates to more click-throughs, more positive reviews in social media, and more outsiders being brought here for the first time.

We are a net revenue stream, not a drain on resources.

16 Likes

I hope people enjoy all their likes. I’ll continue to clutch mine.

6 Likes

I kinda think likes should be weighted, so that if you’re the type who gives likes rarely, with careful consideration, then your “like” should be worth more than a hypothetical “like every post”-er.

I guess the only place that matters currently is in determining which posts get floated up for the “summarize this topic” feature, though…

2 Likes

The fun seems to have been sucked right out of the place since the new order. I guess that’s what they wanted - comment on the article topics and that’s it. Do not deviate. Don’t question the benefactors. The chocolate ration is now 20 grams per week.

14 Likes

I hesitate to bring this up, but you should probably be aware that indiscriminately liking as many posts as possible is one of the behaviors that earned OtherMichael a reputation as a troublemaker.

Like Strike part II - #107 by codinghorror

Not judging. Follow your bliss.

10 Likes

Heh. He liked one of my year-old posts which consisted of nothing but a video. This video had already been taken down at that time, so he basically liked an empty post.

Man, if we’d only had that intervention I suggested.

8 Likes

3 Likes

20 Likes

One day, if I’m lucky, I’ll get a like from @tyroney and I’ll know I’m worthy.

[note: I mean that totally sincerely and w/out irony. I look forward to seeing what you actually and ultimately like :slight_smile: ]

12 Likes

Certainly some of the enthusiasm.

I used to go away for a few hours, come back, and there’s be a hundred posts waiting in the Lounge topic. Now… four.

14 Likes

we need to work on that everyone!
i don’t want to find anyone here not drinking. (you may have non booze drinks)

7 Likes

New regulars were always being acknowledged with amusing drinky-drunky metaphors.

There’s a “BBS Regular” badge, but maybe the whole “regular” concept should be left in the past.

Should we congratulate people on their BBS anniversaries instead?

4 Likes

Now we can just welcome anyone with anygif… also you are not drinking… fix that.
We get cakes on cakeday already.
ETA plus there a lot of anniversary users to do that to, every day.

3 Likes

So, is it, like, open bar now?

4 Likes

Yes but you need to keep an eye on your drink…

6 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

We each only get the badge once though.

CONGRATULATIONS @Wonderer @squidsquared @Bmustdie @David_Friedman @Squidmonkey @bluestraggler @StoneyMahoney and @MoralHazard

That’s everybody in the last three days.

YOU’RE ALL SOPHOMORES NOW! BE NICE TO THE FRESHMEN! THE KEG IS ON THE BACK PATIO!

11 Likes

Any excuse for a drink…

But seriously, Happy Boing-iversary to all! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes