The BBS Lounge

So, we are virtually a Rube Goldberg machine for badge-earning :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Beautiful, isn’t it? The path it took, interspersed with limericks about dead bats in salads. :clap::clap::clap:

8 Likes

It was, quite literally, the least I could do.

12 Likes

Nah, you shared, and that’s always the beginning of a conversation.

2 Likes

More of a mechanical turk?

6 Likes

It is strangely comforting to know that eventually, because of the long tail effect, every one of my posts, no matter how banal, tasteless, or off-topic, will earn a Great Reply.

6 Likes

Here’s a Markov chain comment, to test this theory:

Three of the most stole my own instinct is the maximum value and it’s stool and their own drama. The same thing is especially true when you levee at the moment. The Generic American scent of three years ago and their acronyms that the Odessa Permian basin and their own instinct is the region’s most of a totalitarian left baffles me to figure out what he was the declining to be a special kind of the same mustaches and it’s a very different site for the courses are against three of them. Not much in the way of breaching the real voice of a character intersected with the exception of two of the middle books are a lot of good points. I will say that the idea of the world cup in Brazil this summer to be a social media campaign against him in the US government is actually syrup to three times more likely to be eased into the cornfield.

6 Likes

Liked.

Now, we wait.

4 Likes

[quote=“teknocholer, post:262, topic:96786, full:true”]
[limeric][/quote]

Bravo!

3 Likes

8 Likes

Ok, I’ve set this topic to not auto-close.

2 Likes

well not for another 9708 posts anyway.
gonna need more drinks.

11 Likes

Fucking hemlock would be the go now.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Cheers, all of you crazy melon farmers, you!

5 Likes

Twitter feed getting you down? Tired of the unending and uninterrupted stream of awful? Just follow CuteEmergency!

Once an hour or so the fine friends at CuteEmergency will post a photo or video of an adorable puppy, kitten, piglet, or other adorable animal guaranteed to melt your heart.

8 Likes

As part of the BBS change for regulars, they now have less likes than they did before. It’s been suggested the limit be removed, or at least raised. Figured I’d run a poll and try to gather sentiment that way.

I’ll let it run for 24 hours before tallying the numbers.

Should the number of likes one can give be a limited number (under the theory that they have more value if one must consider a limited number being available per day), or unlimited (under the theory that their value is not tied to quantity available)?

Note: If “Limited” wins, we’ll have another discussion on what the number should be.

• Unlimited. Their value is not affected by quantity
  • Limited. There’s value in restricting the number of likes one can give

0 voters

2 Likes

Is the value of a genuine smile diminished by the number of times you can give it out? That’s how I see likes. Just like smiles IRL they are nice to give and get.

17 Likes

I had a fair idea and opinion about this.
But that is changed because there is a script hanging around to give likes to people, not to posts an sich. It changes the balance for me. And makes me rethink about what are likes to be meant for.
(And yes I now… discussion was there already, need to reread that one, before filling in the poll).

6 Likes

A lounge thread that isn’t a lounge thread? Community building that isn’t really community building? I will not participate in this fuckery, thanks.

7 Likes