The Beatles’ 'Blackbird' sung in the indigenous Mi'kmaq tongue

Originally published at: The Beatles' 'Blackbird' sung in the indigenous Mi'kmaq tongue | Boing Boing

8 Likes

That’s awesome.

4 Likes

This is an April fool’s prank, in the sense that while the language is real, and the guitar player is playing Blackbird, she is actually singing the lyrics to Rebecca Black’s Friday.

7 Likes

CBC has a bit more info

This one has the written lyrics

5 Likes

Just beautiful.

4 Likes

Since she actually did it in 2019, I suspect not.

And Sir Paul commented a bit later

Ah, got beaten

3 Likes

So beautiful! Alas, I can’t add it to my “Blackbirds” playlist on Spotify because she only has one song there and this ain’t it. Saved the video on YouTube tho!

2 Likes

I thought the Mick’Mac tongue was when Jagger & McCartney got together to gossip about stuff.

6 Likes

This is especially moving in light of the campaign of violence being waged against the Mi’kmaq and the history of Blackbird. Mi’kmaq Lobstermen in Nova Scotia Face Attacks by Fishermen - The New York Times Police lay arson charges in truck fire following a mob attack on Mi’kmaw fishers | Globalnews.ca And the decision of the RCMP to let it happen ‘The RCMP just stood there’: Attack on Mi’kmaq fishery sparks tense standoff, condemnation | The Star

7 Likes

That’s really cool.

1 Like

Beautiful. More like this, please.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.